Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Monday, June 04, 2012

In Lieu of Pictures...

Blogger is being very uncooperative with Ma. She has several photos of "Life in the Yard" subjects, including this year's exciting "Thrasher Cam!" but alas, the site, in its inimitable unworkability, will not load the pictures.

Still, we be doing stuffs.

On Sunday evening, Melinda and Ethan attended an orientation class and signed up for detasseling. And when I say "signed" I mean they filled out a multitude of forms. I had to sign a couple of things for Ethan since he is not 18 (there's something very strange about that sentence...).

They should be called to work right after we return from the Hoyt reunion.

Today was the start of Vacation Bible School. So not only am I home (practically) alone, but there is no homeschooling this week and therefore, no writing up of assignments the night before.

A little bit o' heaven, as they say.

Went to the stores in the morning for a change, which completely disoriented my shopping karma. But somehow I still managed to find four or five tops from Goodwill, at least one of which was brand new.

This endeavor was made all the harder by a lady who had both dressing rooms occupied by her kids, but  I can identify. It's not easy having three or more children to clothe and fulfilling this responsibility by pawing through rack after rack of clothes that are different sizes and colors.

I'm pretty sure that in heaven we all get to shop at Vera Wang and there's no wait at the dressing rooms.

I was reminded today that without the responsibility of homeschooling, I could actually get something done. So besides the weekly shopping, there was bread-making, cookie bar baking, and strawberry picking.

Not to mention the arduous chore of fixing hot dogs for supper, but hey, no one ever said meals were easy.

Tomorrow I hope to do something rather novel and clean up the kitchen. Maybe find some missing knives or dishes or somethin'. Possibly a stray child that we've forgotten.

Also stash away the stuff that Kendra brought up from her apartment. She came bearing blueberries, crunchy peanut butter and other high-priced commodities.

That's all the news for tonight. I should really put up some pictures of Emily Currier's recital (ding, ding, ding...can you hear me, Blogger?)...preferably before next year.

One of these days I'm going to catch up to only being a decade behind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home