Merry Old England - Take 9
| Oh look...I found a few of my ancestors! Or, these could be gargoyles on the outside of....wait for it.....WINDSOR CASTLE! |
| Yeah. I could totally live here. Though I wouldn't want to mow the lawn... |
| Part of the Changing of the Guard ceremony. |
| Seriously, can you ever have too much of cool hats? |
This marks the fifth morning in England, when we left London to head for our new base of operations, Oxford. Along the way we stopped at the queen's weekend residence. Another mind boggling exhibition of room after room; hall, after hall of magnificence.
One that particularly left Ma agog was the King's Drawing Room, wherein hung huge paintings by Rubens and Van Dyke....well, words escape me. And y'all know how I can drone on :-)
*sigh*
For lunch I had sweet potato soup, unexpectedly seasoned with a lot of pepper....SO good! Wasn't sure how that would sit with the ol' gizzard, but....nothing happened.
New experiences can be very, very good, methinks.
Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home