I Don't Care
I suppose some may find this hard to believe, but I truly do not care (much) that the Red Sox beat the Yankees. They deserve it after coming from behind as they did. And, I was not particularly impressed by Arod's ball slapping trick. (Course, I don't consider him quite a Yankee since he was just recently acquired) No, I don't care. But, I DO find it rather amusing that the antipathy toward the Yankees is so deep and widespread.
Even up at the hospital people were commenting, "Well, it's about time! Those Yankees are always winning." (Now, hasn't it been several years since their last World Series win?)
I can certainly understand someone who grew up in that neck of the woods rooting for the Red Sox. (Debbie :-) But I find the general ill-will mystifying. It's beginning to reach "class warfare" dimensions. Not that I care. Even though I've blogged far longer on it than intended, I really don't care.
I also don't care that they found a cavity at my dental cleaning this afternoon. It was small and Dr. G offered to fill it right then and there since he had a spare 20 minutes. He is a swell guy.
"No, I don't care if you go up on the roof, Jason. But let me tell you, if you fall, I am gonna be SO mad it won't be funny!" That was just my little way of saying, "Take care of yourself." Jason had one more job to finish for his dad in connection with the antenna. I am happy to report he is safely on the ground once more.
There is still one more game tonight between the Astros and the Cardinals. The kids have opted to pull for the Astros. Now we have a whole new team of names to learn. Course, there are one or two we already know:-) Roger Clemens and Andy Pettite used to play for the Yankees. I can only hope this will not meet with TOO much disapproval.
___________________
Pooky Update: As of today, Carolyn has transferred ownership of Pooky Bear from herself to Trevor. The decision was a matter of practicality. Trevor figured out how to maneuver a chair to the door and unhook the latch, and the girls' room must remain sacrosanct. It was the "sacrifice of one, for the many." ("Spock,.... SPOCK! No!.... Spock!...... Spock.....)
Tweet
Even up at the hospital people were commenting, "Well, it's about time! Those Yankees are always winning." (Now, hasn't it been several years since their last World Series win?)
I can certainly understand someone who grew up in that neck of the woods rooting for the Red Sox. (Debbie :-) But I find the general ill-will mystifying. It's beginning to reach "class warfare" dimensions. Not that I care. Even though I've blogged far longer on it than intended, I really don't care.
I also don't care that they found a cavity at my dental cleaning this afternoon. It was small and Dr. G offered to fill it right then and there since he had a spare 20 minutes. He is a swell guy.
"No, I don't care if you go up on the roof, Jason. But let me tell you, if you fall, I am gonna be SO mad it won't be funny!" That was just my little way of saying, "Take care of yourself." Jason had one more job to finish for his dad in connection with the antenna. I am happy to report he is safely on the ground once more.
There is still one more game tonight between the Astros and the Cardinals. The kids have opted to pull for the Astros. Now we have a whole new team of names to learn. Course, there are one or two we already know:-) Roger Clemens and Andy Pettite used to play for the Yankees. I can only hope this will not meet with TOO much disapproval.
___________________
Pooky Update: As of today, Carolyn has transferred ownership of Pooky Bear from herself to Trevor. The decision was a matter of practicality. Trevor figured out how to maneuver a chair to the door and unhook the latch, and the girls' room must remain sacrosanct. It was the "sacrifice of one, for the many." ("Spock,.... SPOCK! No!.... Spock!...... Spock.....)
Tweet

The Progeny
3 Comments:
Go Astros!
Only because I am a Texan..
Sounds like either Trevor is a determined young man or Carolyn is a gracious young lady or some combination of them both. Have you gotten a more comfortable arrangment to stay with Loren? Still praying. MoM/Lisa
Hi Lisa. At present we are still doing the "I go up for a couple days, I come back for a couple days," routine. Jason is almost 17, Kendra is 15. They have managed pretty well, considering. I know it's not ideal, but it's workable for short range.
At some point, soon, I am either going to have to ask neighbors to drop in at regular intervals, or have my Mom and Dad come out for a little while, which they offered to do. I have a sister-in-law who may be able to come for a little while in November.
If I KNEW whether Loren would or woudn't be home in a couple weeks, or that he wouldn't be home before transplant, it would make things easier, decisionwise.
One thing I DO know, is that I will not be splitting up the kids. And, I think I will insist that they stay here in their own home, with their own school books handy, and their own chores to do :-) I feel with all the upheaval that I owe them that much. And I feel it would be best. My dad has offered to pay for someone to come and stay with the kids, but, right now, I just want to get through to the middle of Dec., after which plans are being made, even as we speak! (more on that, later)
Post a Comment
<< Home