The Latest....
Time for a quick post as supper heats and The Three Tenors sing.
We've had several meals brought in to the children. I say several, because, though meant for one meal, they usually stretch into more. It was very nice to arrive home last night and not have to cook. Kendra has been doing most of the meal preparation, and using some of her own ideas. I guess there is something to the idea of throwing kids into the water to teach them to swim.
Today we had some nice family times together, whether it was taking a splurge at McDonald's or just sitting around and laughing at Barney Fife and Andy Taylor. I did make the kids do their morning school, but we loaded everyone up in the 15 passenger van, picked up the PSAT testees and headed for a big shopping day together. Spent some time in McDonald's Playland. Trevor is a little daredevil and loves tearing down the tube slide. Two little girls took my kids' shoes out of the cubby holes and rearranged them in their "store." "Ha, ha!" laughed the grandfather. "I hope they know they have to put them back. Ha, ha, ha!"
I smiled and thought, "Ha ha ha! They are so cute. Especially their little runny noses. I hope they know they have to put that stuff back in their nose. Ha, ha ha!" (I'm already starting to get a little obsessed with germs. )
We hit the Walmart and Goodwill, :-) where Jason found a jacket. He has needed one for a while, but for some reason, guys never communicate these things until they are going out to take an important test on a 50 degree, drizzly and blustery day.
Also picked up "several" stuffed bears. Trevor, aka "Pooky Snatcher," needs to overcome his fixation with Carolyn's bear. Hopefully, he will be able to make the transition to another fur covered crutch.
Speaking of transitions, Loren will be moved out of CCU tomorrow. A room has become available in the Long Term Waiting section on the cardiac floor. That is where people who are not safe enough to go home stay awaiting transplant. The doctors say that if, in three or four weeks, he shows stability, he may be allowed to come home to wait. Course, there is always the chance that a heart will become available in the next weeks. It is hard to think about the circumstances surrounding this whole procedure. For the most part, I just put it out of my mind and try to cope with the short term items.
I have been able to plan ahead a little. I've achieved my goals of obtaining/ordering all the presents for Christmas and upcoming birthdays. The Christmas cards are on order, and all I have to do in that regard is address envelopes and tap out a Christmas letter. Now, I wonder what I should write about.....
Tweet
We've had several meals brought in to the children. I say several, because, though meant for one meal, they usually stretch into more. It was very nice to arrive home last night and not have to cook. Kendra has been doing most of the meal preparation, and using some of her own ideas. I guess there is something to the idea of throwing kids into the water to teach them to swim.
Today we had some nice family times together, whether it was taking a splurge at McDonald's or just sitting around and laughing at Barney Fife and Andy Taylor. I did make the kids do their morning school, but we loaded everyone up in the 15 passenger van, picked up the PSAT testees and headed for a big shopping day together. Spent some time in McDonald's Playland. Trevor is a little daredevil and loves tearing down the tube slide. Two little girls took my kids' shoes out of the cubby holes and rearranged them in their "store." "Ha, ha!" laughed the grandfather. "I hope they know they have to put them back. Ha, ha, ha!"
I smiled and thought, "Ha ha ha! They are so cute. Especially their little runny noses. I hope they know they have to put that stuff back in their nose. Ha, ha ha!" (I'm already starting to get a little obsessed with germs. )
We hit the Walmart and Goodwill, :-) where Jason found a jacket. He has needed one for a while, but for some reason, guys never communicate these things until they are going out to take an important test on a 50 degree, drizzly and blustery day.
Also picked up "several" stuffed bears. Trevor, aka "Pooky Snatcher," needs to overcome his fixation with Carolyn's bear. Hopefully, he will be able to make the transition to another fur covered crutch.
Speaking of transitions, Loren will be moved out of CCU tomorrow. A room has become available in the Long Term Waiting section on the cardiac floor. That is where people who are not safe enough to go home stay awaiting transplant. The doctors say that if, in three or four weeks, he shows stability, he may be allowed to come home to wait. Course, there is always the chance that a heart will become available in the next weeks. It is hard to think about the circumstances surrounding this whole procedure. For the most part, I just put it out of my mind and try to cope with the short term items.
I have been able to plan ahead a little. I've achieved my goals of obtaining/ordering all the presents for Christmas and upcoming birthdays. The Christmas cards are on order, and all I have to do in that regard is address envelopes and tap out a Christmas letter. Now, I wonder what I should write about.....
Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home