A Bit 'O Mayo and Duh-bate
Loren had another visit to Mayo on Thursday. It was primarily a routine follow-up with the gall bladder surgeon. Everything looks good in that regard. We were a little concerned for a while since he didn't bounce back very fast from the surgery, but given his heart condition, that was not unusual. We were informed that five stones were removed. Now, I'm not trying to start a controversy or anything, but I only received two. The questions of course are: where did they stow them and how did they stow it? Who's "in the know" and when did they know it?
Unfortunately, they still have the need for those annoying blood draws at 7:00am. This is especially hard if one has only gotten 2 hours sleep the previous night. That is why Loren is hanging out in bed all day today.
We did have an interesting talk with the nurse practitioner. She wants to increase Loren's dose of Coreg. This drug is used in heart failure patients to slow down the progression of the disease. It seems the drug of choice for many, but in the past, it has lowered Loren's blood pressure to such an extent, that he became uncomfortable, and once, nearly passed out. However, the drug's track record makes it reasonable to try again.
We also found out an interesting tidbit concerning his pro time level. Loren has been sub-therapeutic for several weeks. He never got back to normal after the surgery. (when they want it low to prevent excessive bleeding) The intake of vitamin K rich foods has to be watched, since this vitamin increases blood clotting. It is very difficult to find multi-vitamins without it, and green vegetables such as broccoli and spinach should not be eaten in excess. Not a problem for most people :-) Loren has been eating raw vegetables each day and I had happily boughten cauliflower for him. But it, too, is abundant in vitamin K. Guess we'll have to ease up on the raw veggies. It brings to mind that old adage: "If God had intended for us to eat like rabbits, He wouldn't have invented steaks."
(Receiving some additional info, I have added one little paragraph to the post on PIK lines if anyone is interested.)
____________________________
Watched some of the debate last night. Personally, I find them a bit tiresome. I think they are too long. I can relate with it being past President Bush's bedtime. Then too, I think it would be a lot more fun if the moderator just gave out one question to each person: "If you could have three wishes, what would they be?" I don't think it would be any more out of the ordinary than the question Ardith was asked for a scholarship competition, "If you could describe yourself as a color, what would it be, and why?" ("Blue, because I'm just sooooo cool.")
But I think what I miss most of all is Al Gore. I miss his commanding presence. I miss his soulful sighs. And most of all, I miss his little game of "Space Invaders."
Now, if we really wanted to liven up the presidential race, why couldn't we have a debate between the wives?
Tweet
Unfortunately, they still have the need for those annoying blood draws at 7:00am. This is especially hard if one has only gotten 2 hours sleep the previous night. That is why Loren is hanging out in bed all day today.
We did have an interesting talk with the nurse practitioner. She wants to increase Loren's dose of Coreg. This drug is used in heart failure patients to slow down the progression of the disease. It seems the drug of choice for many, but in the past, it has lowered Loren's blood pressure to such an extent, that he became uncomfortable, and once, nearly passed out. However, the drug's track record makes it reasonable to try again.
We also found out an interesting tidbit concerning his pro time level. Loren has been sub-therapeutic for several weeks. He never got back to normal after the surgery. (when they want it low to prevent excessive bleeding) The intake of vitamin K rich foods has to be watched, since this vitamin increases blood clotting. It is very difficult to find multi-vitamins without it, and green vegetables such as broccoli and spinach should not be eaten in excess. Not a problem for most people :-) Loren has been eating raw vegetables each day and I had happily boughten cauliflower for him. But it, too, is abundant in vitamin K. Guess we'll have to ease up on the raw veggies. It brings to mind that old adage: "If God had intended for us to eat like rabbits, He wouldn't have invented steaks."
(Receiving some additional info, I have added one little paragraph to the post on PIK lines if anyone is interested.)
____________________________
Watched some of the debate last night. Personally, I find them a bit tiresome. I think they are too long. I can relate with it being past President Bush's bedtime. Then too, I think it would be a lot more fun if the moderator just gave out one question to each person: "If you could have three wishes, what would they be?" I don't think it would be any more out of the ordinary than the question Ardith was asked for a scholarship competition, "If you could describe yourself as a color, what would it be, and why?" ("Blue, because I'm just sooooo cool.")
But I think what I miss most of all is Al Gore. I miss his commanding presence. I miss his soulful sighs. And most of all, I miss his little game of "Space Invaders."
Now, if we really wanted to liven up the presidential race, why couldn't we have a debate between the wives?
Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home