Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Ode to a Migraine

(can be sung to "Master of the House," from "Les Misérables")

Fuzzy-ended thoughts,
Muddle-minded brain.
Take a couple Tylenol to ease the pain.

Pounding in the head,
Just behind the eye.
All the lovely plans I've made have gone a-wry.

(refrain)
What's that dizzy, queasy feeling?
Won't somebody please ex-plain?
Surely not the flu? No no, it's just another migraine.

Go about your work,
Try to do your best.
Wishing you could crawl in bed and get some rest.

Parcel out your strength,
Try to make it last.
And above all else don't dare to move too fast.

(refrain)
What's that dizzy, queasy feeling?
Won't somebody please ex-plain?
Surely not the flu? No no, it's just another migraine.



*swollows pills and stumbles (SLOW-LY) off*




4 Comments:

Blogger Thainamu said...

I sometimes get migraines too--ugh. I have now started taking my doctor's advice and it really has helped: at the very first tiny pain of a headache--take something. Don't wait, hoping it will go away on its own or while you sleep. By doing this I have avoided those miserable 3-day headaches, complete with vomiting and seeing stars, that I used to sometimes get.

9/25/2004 06:07:00 PM  
Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

That is usually what I try to do, although it started this morning on my walk, before I was halfway done.

9/25/2004 07:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch. Get better, please.

Wilson

9/26/2004 12:31:00 AM  
Blogger Loren said...

For those who are not up to rhyming, here is one you can plagiarize. http://headaches.about.com/library/poetry/uc-03poet28-mjc.htm

9/28/2004 04:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home