Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Thursday, October 14, 2004

The News As I Know It

I am back at St. Mary's in the little computer room. It houses a computer, a treadmill, and a TV and small table and chairs. The ambiance is just overwhelming to the senses. On one wall is a picture of a winter scene. On the other is a harbor with boats at anchor. You know, the kind they make all the picture puzzles off of. Also, there is a list of "Coping Stategies for Staying Well in Body, Mind & Spirit." (hmmm, I'll have to look at this.....)

#21. Cut back on caffeine.

OK, that's enough of THAT!

Before I go any further, a brief message to daughter Sharon: Yo, SHARON, please email me Sacketts phone # in case I have to call them on my way down to pick you up in Waterloo tomorrow evening. I tried to sign on to AIMexpress from this computer, something I have never done before. Either this computer is not capable, or it's your mother's fault. (and I was SO looking forward to bragging about how I'd figured something out on my own. *sigh*)

Loren has had a few changes since I last was here. He is still in CCU for another day, owing to the fact that they switched him from the Dobutamine to Milrinone. Not sure why, since I missed all the doctor visits. (didn't get here till after 1) So, through the picc line they are now giving him Milrinone, Heparin, and something called Aldactone (I think), which is just another heart failure drug (I think).

Loren called me last night at home to say he had a terrible headache and was running a fever. (around 101) The fever went away (I have no expanation) and the headache receded but now returns. One of the main side effects of many medications is headache. Loren wanted me to know what was going on and to pray for him.

The funny thing about the call was that I could not hear properly at first. His voice seemed to be coming out of where I was speaking. But after I turned on the light and woke up a little more, I realized I just had the receiver upside down. Well DUH! (and Ma Hoyt does not use slang loosely)

Came home from shopping yesterday afternoon and found two boxes inside the door. One for Loren and I, one for the kids. Lovely popcorns and snacky items from MoM, bless her heart. We broke some out for the kids to munch as we watched the debate. Hopefully, we'll have even more political reasons to celebrate in a few more weeks. Bipartisanlly yours, "Ma."


3 Comments:

Blogger anna said...

Eating chocolate belongs on the list.

The AIMExpress issue is probably the computer. It's really finicky and I'm betting that the computer isn't high class at the hospital?

All are in our prayers.

Anna

10/15/2004 12:02:00 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Mommy, check your email, I sent Sacketts' number and Tammy's cell phone number. If you need to call me before we leave (3 p.m.), I think I'll be in my room from about 12-2 p.m.

17 hours! I can't wait!

10/15/2004 06:46:00 AM  
Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

You're right, Anna. Loren thinks the computer her isn't signed up for AIM. (whew!) I am off the hook.

10/15/2004 02:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home