Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

The Mayo Report

(2nd time, after computer froze)

We are back from Rochester a day early, which I will explain later.

For those who like statistics, here are the latest ones on Loren.
-Cholesterol 262 (still high)
-HDL: 72 (this is good)
-Triglycerides: 299 (I don't think this is particularly good)
-White count: 8.3 (a little on the low side for immunosuppressants)
-Potassium 4.4 (pretty good)

*sigh* I guess it is time to take more drastic steps in lowering the cholesterol. Time for lowfat ice cream. Time to downsize from whole milk to 2 % then 1 %. The doctor wants skim milk, but frankly, I see little difference between that and a white crayon dunked in water. A very small crayon.

The doctor also wants to start tapering Loren's Prednisone, but won't do that since Loren had another 1a rejection biopsy today. They would like him at "zero rejection" to start the steroid taper. So, they are increasing his Azathioprine, in hopes of achieving a perfect biopsy score. The next appointment has been put off until six weeks from now to give the increased dosage a change to work.

But overall, the situation looks good. Everyone seems pleased with how Loren is doing.

I'll try to get some links posted concerning those meds, soon. I am afraid to spend too much time here, since my "new and improved" computer has already frozen up on me once tonight, necessitating a hasty scribbling on paper before resetting.

Oh yes, Jim and Bob say "hello."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home