"Ma" Conquers!

Finally, by popular demand, and thanks to Thainamu, THE DISHWASHER!!
Well, for some strange reason, entirely unknown to me, I was actually able to access the stored pictures on our network, and, following Thainamu's easy 4 step instructions, I got this picture published to the blog!
*squeals with excitement*
Yay! I am so happy that something finally worked. Thainamu, YOU ARE IN THE WILL!
Oh, and here's the best part.....I actually rotated the picture, without having to ask for help, and published it all by my lil' ol' self.
*grins smugly*
Now, there is one little hitch. For some reason, every picture that I post, comes up with this original caption that I had with that tree, a l-o-n-g time ago, which asks the burning question, "Who said spring was just around the corner?" Naturally, since the connection between spring and the dishwasher seems tenuous, at best, I deleted those bon mots. Maybe Thainamu can tell me how to get that permanent caption off. It never shows up at the time I am processing a picture...
Just a word or two of explanation: the drawers are out of the adjoining space so that Loren could access the pipes under the sink. They are back in their places, now, for, we are known far and wide for having everything in its proper place. Also, that box on the back is filled with heavy chains. No, these are not for easy access to a new form of child discipline, they are to provide weight on the back, to keep kids from tipping it over. See, when our relatives came last July to do some renovative work, they said there was space for a dishwasher. At first I was quite excited. But then I thought, why let the kids get off doing dishes? I decided instead, to use that space for some type of glass cabinet to display my wonderful blue dishes acquired from Goodwill. Hence, we did not get countertop to go over that space.
BUT, I later learned, again from my relatives, that what I really wanted, was indeed, a dishwasher. To sanitize the dishes for Loren's sake. Well, sensing the sense in all of these sensible arguments, I acquiesced.
Of course, NO ONE actually sells a dishwasher that is covered in anything remotely resembling a finished product, because, as everyone knows, all the really smart people order their dishwashers at the same time as their countertops. No one, I repeat, NO ONE would be so selfish as to want something to display pretties, when they could instead, have a device that takes two hours to wash dishes! (oh, and here's a little tip for those who long for a more colorful life: If you wash dishes that have had canned ravioli on them--yes, I can slum just as well as the next person--you WILL end up with some plastic items that are tinted a lovey shade of orange. This is especially effective for those [formerly] clear sipper cup lids. It's never too early to teach children the magic of "Ravioli Art")
Well, Loren will be making a cover for the whole contraption, some day, and then, we will have to find some other use for those heavy chains......
Now, I am off to peruse the pics :-) Something from the wedding, I think...... Tweet

The Progeny
3 Comments:
Thanks? Did I buy you a dishwasher?
You mean, I didn't tell you? :-)
(I was working on the ensuing text after I posted the initial picture)
I am....Nature-guy
Post a Comment
<< Home