The New Fall Line-up....

.....the stuff of nightmares
For homeschoolers, anyway.
[6:05 p.m.] So, with the very last book arriving in the mail today, it was time to clean up the Rec Room/My Personal Retreat/School Book Room and let the kids catch a glimpse of their coming fate. ("Wah, hah hah, hah hah!") They start from the back, right and curve around to display 12th grade, 11th grade, 9th grade, 7th grade, 5th grade, 3rd grade, and 1st grade. Trevor won't start kindergarten for a year or two so that will give me a little break.
Now I realize that I forgot to slip an English book in Carolyn's stack....but I think you get the picture. Courses not shown are spelling and Junior/Senior Literature. Kendra and Jason have to read from a list of the "classics:" 25 for Jason, and 20 for Kendra. I told Jason that if he reads "The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire," I'd count it as 5 books. We'll see if he takes the challenge....(hee, hee)
A few of the courses have some collateral reading, but most of their next school year sits right there on the table. *satisfied smile*
The file boxes denote yet another year for.....Latin and Greek Roots! How we LOVE Latin and Greek Roots, oh yes! It is one of the few courses I actually "teach." I get to drag out the white board and dry erase markers and everything! (it is SO very cool) By the end of the school year, those file boxes will be filled with 100 cards, a root on the fronts, and 4-6 derivatives on the backs. I do this every 2-3 years, making each child take it twice. Except Ardith. Being the oldest, she was short-changed for the second go-around. But, she seems to have turned out despite my neglect:-)
Now, all I have to do, is fill out the registration forms for seven children, including course names, texts, publishers, and time spent on each subject.
*sigh*
With all this cleaning and organizing, I have delegated supper to the kids. They are happily putting together pizzas with the help of Chef Boyardee and his magic boxes with, "the New Great Tasting Sauce Kids LOVE!"
I wonder if I can count this towards Home Ec....? Tweet

The Progeny
2 Comments:
Aaaaaaaaaah!
A Beka ... and Saxon.
*Shudders*
Aaaaaaaaaah!
Aw, come on. You LOVED it.
Anyway, Saxon math is self-checking. That's why I like it :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home