Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Ma buys out the library

Despite having to dig through the usual romance drivel, as well as "Christian" historical and end-times close-to-drivel, I managed to come away with the following from Hampton's library book sale:

Fear No Evil by Natan Sharansky
Son of the Morning Star (Custer and the Little Bighorn) by Evan s. Connell
Up From Liberalism by William F. Buckley Jr.
Reverence for Life by Albert Schweitzer
Charlemagne by Harold Lamb
John Keats: the Making of a Poet by Aileen Ward
The Life and Times of Frederick Douglass by Frederick Douglass
Lord Jim by Joseph Conrad
The Godfather by Mario Puzo
The Portable Emerson edited by Carl Bode
1984 by George Orwell
Buddenbrooks by Thomas Mann
The Little Minister by J. M. Barrie
The Book of Guys by Garrison Keillor
The Enchanted Castle by E. Nesbit

and a few others, including "Call of the Wild," "Jane Eyre," "Wuthering Heights" and a couple from Alfred Hitchcock.

All totaled, 38 books (counting some Kendra and Derek picked out) for about $.60 per book, many of them hardbacks.

I plan to keep them all, unless, a convincing case can be made by....others.

*whistles nonchalantly*

(There would need to be a considerable amount of begging and groveling, also)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, How much begging and groveling must one due to get that book about Custer??? mmmmm???
Can one be bribed by chocolate, perhaps? I await your reply....:-)
MJ in Greene

9/17/2005 05:15:00 PM  
Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

MJ....MJ.....

*thinks and frowns*

Let's see....it's not "Ma Jensen," (she doesn't live in Greene)

Hmmmmm....of course, I would have to read it, first.....and, yes....chocolate bribes are ALWAYS appropriate....and....um.....I would like to know who you are....

9/17/2005 08:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could keep you guessing... I actually didn't mean for this to turn into a quiz. Lets just say I have some "wit-n-wisdom" in me! I think you should know now and if you don't I will clue you in at church!
P.S. I thought for sure Greene would be a dead give away!

9/17/2005 08:11:00 PM  
Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

*smacks forhead*

9/17/2005 11:37:00 PM  
Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

or "forehead"

*smacks it twice*

9/17/2005 11:38:00 PM  
Blogger MoM said...

When you building an extra Library room on the house?

9/18/2005 11:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home