No lack of help in the kitchen....

....depending on your definition of help :-)
This picture is in celebration of normalcy.
For you see, now I can actually make bread, again. Until a week ago, I haven't engaged in bread making for at least a year.
When Loren started sliding downhill at a more accelerated pace, I divested myself of all unnecessary commitments. By the wayside went such things as: making bread, certain involvements at church (Sunday School and prayer meeting), and going to much trouble at all regarding meals.
So now, I can indulge in the fun "Mom" things of before. Sharon knows what it is like to have two little helpers while making bread. But now that she is back in college, I screwed up my courage and made the bread, myself. And amazingly enough, it wasn't nearly the trouble I'd thought it would be. (Sharon, I've made bread THREE times, chocolate chip banana bread twice, and pancakes once :-)And I have come to the conclusion that with my mind freed of some of the worry over Loren, I can just do those things I've felt guilty about neglecting in recent years.
I could get used to this.... Tweet

The Progeny
2 Comments:
Wow, Mommy, you're on a roll. :)
That picture is great. How did you catch Trevor like that?
Well...um....I was trying to get a "normal" picture of him. In fact, I had selected one and was all ready to post it, when Trevor glanced over from a puzzle and said, "Not that one, Mommy...I want the other one!"
He has really started aping for the camera. I just keep repeating to myself, "I am still in control....I am still in control...."
Post a Comment
<< Home