Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Crunched for time....

.....we still feel compelled to post, if only to make people jealous of my latest "previously owned" acquisitions :-D

I had 3 plus hours to kill these last two mornings after dropping off the kids for testing. Too early for mall shopping, but not for mall walking. (I don't frequent those stores, anyway)

After putting in three miles (and dodging the maniacal-looking fellow with earphones and torn out sleeves--who seemed to be walking at least ten miles) I happened upon...

....a Lion's Club book sale!! Ma got the following:

(paperback)
The Wild Blue and Citizen Soldiers by Stephen Ambrose

Golden Nature Guides: Butterflies and Moth, Birds, Trees, Flowers, Weather.

The Winter of Our Discontent by Steinbeck

 
(hardback)
Milton's Complete Poems

David Copperfieled by Dickens

The Trail of Tears by Gloria Jahoda

The Complete Novels of Mark Twain, 7 (count 'em) SEVEN VOLUMES! *drools over nice binding*

The Second World War, Six Volumes by Winston Churchill *squeals*

A History of the English Speaking World, Four Volumes by Winston Churchill *double squeals followed by passing out*

Well, that's most of 'em. I'll have to tell you what I got yesterday, tomorrow.

*smirks*
 

4 Comments:

Blogger MoM said...

You have given me a great idea for when the kids go to STAR testing...this could become a trend among mothers who have extra time on their hands....at least i will still have company on my walk since Andrew is still to young to test....

4/06/2006 11:17:00 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Wow, Mommy, that's some haul, especially all the works by Churchill - they aren't small! Will you share Milton's poems with me this summer? :) (pretty-please smile)

4/07/2006 03:20:00 AM  
Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

Sure, though I have to admit, it has a little scribbling in it, here and there. But I didn't mention that in the post so as to enhance the jealousy factor :-p

4/07/2006 07:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not easy to find all six volumes of Churchill's Second World War together; I had to track them down individually at book sales and online.

4/07/2006 09:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home