Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Junior Delegates

 
As promised, a picture of Ma's politicos.

I have people.

People in places.

Be afraid.

Be very afraid.

______________________

Behold Kendra and Derek, freshly snapped after their return from the District Republican Convention, last Saturday.

Today....the district. Come June.....the state. And then....dare I say it?.....Liechtenstein! Sweet, sweet Liechtenstein!

Oh alright....they may not have political aspirations, but it was a good experience for them, nonetheless. (even if a professional little 11-year-old in high heels and executive dress was voted to be the chairman of the junior delegation)

MY kids were able to attend the Jim Nussle breakfast. *looks smug* AND, they were seated at the table with Bill Dix and his wife. In CLOSE proximity, actually. There were photographers and everything.

I'm sure national exposure will only be a matter of time.

Fast forward to last evening, when Loren and I received a call from Pastor John, who was phoning on behalf of Bill Dix, from his very home!

The conversation went something like this:

"....so Becky, would you be willing to vote for Bill Dix?"

"Of course!"

"You would?" *sounds surprised*

"Oh sure! I just saw his commercial this morning...looks like a nice guy with a real nice family."

"Well, that's great..."

"Besides, my kids got to eat breakfast last Saturday with Jim Nussle. They sat at the same table with Bill Dix and his wife."

"Oh....I didn't know about that...."

"Well, it was just for im-portant people." *grins*

This was when the negotiations for a lawn sign began, but I told him that was pretty iffy, since I was married to one of those people that doesn't care for yardish promotions. (and let me tell you, it's JUST that kind of attitude that has put a real crimp in my endorsement of N.O.W.)

I've known about ol' Bill for years. I actually got to talk to him on the phone once, when I'd had trouble signing Ardith up as a junior delegate. He replied, "I'll take care of it. We surely don't want to keep anyone from being a junior delegate who wants to!"

He's a decent guy and gets my vote for the rest of his life, as far as I'm concerned.

And the moral of this story is...be nice to junior delegates. Even if they can't vote, their parents do :-) 
 

1 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Mommy, you have some nerve. "Ol' Bill". :)

That's a great picture of Kendra and Derek!

4/29/2006 06:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home