That Holiday Thing
-Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk Day
-Make a Friend Day
-White T-Shirt Day
I was able to put that first one into use right away, as the mail brought a returned "Christmas" letter to my mom, to which I'd apparently forgotten to affix the number next to the street name.
*whacks forehead*
Sorry, Mom. I'll get that off on Monday...
As to the second holiday, friends take more than a day to make. And let's be realistic...no one with three or more kids, who homeschools and lives an hour from the nearest decent-sized city is going to have any time or energy for friends. If she does, she would probably rather go out to dinner and a concert with the husband.
Or, she could just make it easy on everyone and start a blog.
As to the white T-shirt thing...white has never been my color. Hence the ivory wedding dress.
Mostly, I just wear gray 'cause that seems to be the prevalent color at the Goodwill store.
Besides, it's really starting to go nicely with my hair.
Time for something more substantial. It's Thomas Edison's Birthday!
Yes, the mind wandering youngster who had only 3 months of formal schooling went on to become quite the productive member of society.
When a teacher called him "addled," he was pulled from school and taught by his mother, of whom he said,
Nice fellow, that Tom. (and no, this is not a hint to any of the offspring)
It just goes to show that those who some think are not quite as "smart" as others, might just have the most brains of all. Anyone can think themselves intelligent if they only think of themselves.
So go out and invent something already!
Or, just grab a hunk of dark chocolate, some hot tea and read about it, here.
Tweet
-Make a Friend Day
-White T-Shirt Day
I was able to put that first one into use right away, as the mail brought a returned "Christmas" letter to my mom, to which I'd apparently forgotten to affix the number next to the street name.
*whacks forehead*
Sorry, Mom. I'll get that off on Monday...
As to the second holiday, friends take more than a day to make. And let's be realistic...no one with three or more kids, who homeschools and lives an hour from the nearest decent-sized city is going to have any time or energy for friends. If she does, she would probably rather go out to dinner and a concert with the husband.
Or, she could just make it easy on everyone and start a blog.
As to the white T-shirt thing...white has never been my color. Hence the ivory wedding dress.
Mostly, I just wear gray 'cause that seems to be the prevalent color at the Goodwill store.
Besides, it's really starting to go nicely with my hair.
Time for something more substantial. It's Thomas Edison's Birthday!
Yes, the mind wandering youngster who had only 3 months of formal schooling went on to become quite the productive member of society.
When a teacher called him "addled," he was pulled from school and taught by his mother, of whom he said,
"My mother was the making of me. She was so true, so sure of me; and I felt I had something to live for, someone I must not disappoint."
Nice fellow, that Tom. (and no, this is not a hint to any of the offspring)
It just goes to show that those who some think are not quite as "smart" as others, might just have the most brains of all. Anyone can think themselves intelligent if they only think of themselves.
So go out and invent something already!
Or, just grab a hunk of dark chocolate, some hot tea and read about it, here.
Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home