Dangers in the ditch
It was Monday, the day alloted for weekly food and other-stuffs procurement. Derek and I ventured out into the misty netherworld of warming temps.
The waters were running swiftly with the snow and ice melt-off. This is the annual Iowa white-water rafting season.

Not to mention dense fog. But don't worry, I only had one person pull out in front of me. After that, I decided "For-get the lessened gas mileage, the high profile headlights are going on !"
Later, having to turn across the oncoming lane, I found I'd pulled in front of a semi. But the zippy red car proved it's mettle by bearing Derek and I safely onto another fog-laden road.
As we neared home, the run-off from fields and ditches threatened to bar our way!
But Ma safely maneuvered groceries and Goodwill booty to the sheltered havens of home.
Oh joy! I found a nice paperback copy of "The Fellowship of the Ring," to replace the horrifically worn version from Loren's and my pre-wedded days.
____________________
This morning brings lifted fog and returning sunshine.
And birds! Birds are returning to feeder area, now restored after our fierce winter stormings.

A Mourning Dove picks about the ground for seeds that have fallen. I may just have to start dumping seeds, since few birds seem inclined to sit on the feeder itself.
Enough dalliance.
Must finish school, as later today I shall leave for my annual physical and mammogram.
Oh boy. Oh boy. Oh boy.
Tweet
The waters were running swiftly with the snow and ice melt-off. This is the annual Iowa white-water rafting season.
Not to mention dense fog. But don't worry, I only had one person pull out in front of me. After that, I decided "For-get the lessened gas mileage, the high profile headlights are going on !"
Later, having to turn across the oncoming lane, I found I'd pulled in front of a semi. But the zippy red car proved it's mettle by bearing Derek and I safely onto another fog-laden road.
As we neared home, the run-off from fields and ditches threatened to bar our way!
Oh joy! I found a nice paperback copy of "The Fellowship of the Ring," to replace the horrifically worn version from Loren's and my pre-wedded days.
____________________
This morning brings lifted fog and returning sunshine.
And birds! Birds are returning to feeder area, now restored after our fierce winter stormings.
A Mourning Dove picks about the ground for seeds that have fallen. I may just have to start dumping seeds, since few birds seem inclined to sit on the feeder itself.
Enough dalliance.
Must finish school, as later today I shall leave for my annual physical and mammogram.
Oh boy. Oh boy. Oh boy.
Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home