3 days down, 8 to go
Scale Report: no change. Thus the next weigh-in will not be until Monday morning.
Exercise Report: the usual weight-bearing junk before breakfast and then working at the church for 1.5 hours this afternoon.
In-between I made a slight change of the Friday routine....I went shopping. And that pretty much entailed an exercise in self-control.
Had to take along my second meal of the day (fruit salad) and eat it "en car" in the Goodwill Store parking lot. The really nice thing was that right beside me was a beautiful black PT Cruiser.
With shiny chrome hubcaps.
*adds "black" to the list of acceptable colors for dream PT Cruiser*
Oh yes...at the check-out I was offered the chance to take home a free 12-pack of of Diet Pepsi Jazz Carmel Cream. At first I declined, due to my unswerving loyalty to the Coke taste. I mean, I already had a 12-pack of Diet Cherry Coke out in the car from another store and if I put the Pepsi in there...something nasty could occur.
The lure of free diet beverage is hard to pass up though, so I decided to take one and asked the guy who was bagging in the next checkout,
"Now, why are we getting rid of these?"
"Because we can't sell 'em. Nobody wants the stuff."
:-D
Ohhh-kay.
Well, time for Ma to put this product to the taste test...
*pop*
*slurp*
"EEEUUUUUWWW!"
My first impression was that someone had mixed post-dated cough syrup with a mediocre cola product.
However, I am now halfway through the can and am able to give a more detail description...
"EEEUUUUWWWW!"
Actually, it is very weird. You forget what it tasted like after a few seconds and so you think, "Was it really that awful? Let me take another sip..."
(Yep. Still tastes like ten-year-old cream soda with a terminal illness)
It's probably one of those things that is so bad it grows on you. Like...well...oh never mind.
I've been thinking about that TV commercial...you know, the one with the foxy young babe swinging down the sidewalk in high heels that none of us sensible women can even THINK about wearing...she's looking spiff and oh---so---happy. (that in itself is enough to nix the product) All the people around her are having a bad day but SHE is smiling and totally in control of her "I've-never-had-one-problem-losing-weight" self...
Well, I have a theory about her.
She was walking so perkily 'cause she was desperately looking for a place to spit out "le Jazz."
That's my theory, anyway.
Tweet
Exercise Report: the usual weight-bearing junk before breakfast and then working at the church for 1.5 hours this afternoon.
In-between I made a slight change of the Friday routine....I went shopping. And that pretty much entailed an exercise in self-control.
Had to take along my second meal of the day (fruit salad) and eat it "en car" in the Goodwill Store parking lot. The really nice thing was that right beside me was a beautiful black PT Cruiser.
With shiny chrome hubcaps.
*adds "black" to the list of acceptable colors for dream PT Cruiser*
Oh yes...at the check-out I was offered the chance to take home a free 12-pack of of Diet Pepsi Jazz Carmel Cream. At first I declined, due to my unswerving loyalty to the Coke taste. I mean, I already had a 12-pack of Diet Cherry Coke out in the car from another store and if I put the Pepsi in there...something nasty could occur.
The lure of free diet beverage is hard to pass up though, so I decided to take one and asked the guy who was bagging in the next checkout,
"Now, why are we getting rid of these?"
"Because we can't sell 'em. Nobody wants the stuff."
:-D
Ohhh-kay.
Well, time for Ma to put this product to the taste test...
*pop*
*slurp*
"EEEUUUUUWWW!"
My first impression was that someone had mixed post-dated cough syrup with a mediocre cola product.
However, I am now halfway through the can and am able to give a more detail description...
"EEEUUUUWWWW!"
Actually, it is very weird. You forget what it tasted like after a few seconds and so you think, "Was it really that awful? Let me take another sip..."
(Yep. Still tastes like ten-year-old cream soda with a terminal illness)
It's probably one of those things that is so bad it grows on you. Like...well...oh never mind.
I've been thinking about that TV commercial...you know, the one with the foxy young babe swinging down the sidewalk in high heels that none of us sensible women can even THINK about wearing...she's looking spiff and oh---so---happy. (that in itself is enough to nix the product) All the people around her are having a bad day but SHE is smiling and totally in control of her "I've-never-had-one-problem-losing-weight" self...
Well, I have a theory about her.
She was walking so perkily 'cause she was desperately looking for a place to spit out "le Jazz."
That's my theory, anyway.
Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home