Another Nephew Hitched :-)
Meet Matthew and Noelle Banek, alongside Linda Simons. Matthew is the second oldest son of Loren's sister Nelda, who is married to Walter Banek.
Linda is my blog friend down in Texas who goes by the posting name of Thainamu. It was she/her/that woman who took some WONDERFUL pictures while attending the wedding in lieu of us.
Linda and her husband Gary live in Dallas...the wedding was in Dallas...it all seemed to fit. You can check it out on Thainamu's blog, or go right to the web album with the pics.
I'll try to give a quickie rundown of people:
--stained glass window :-D
--Matthew's younger brother, Ryan, practicing going down the aisle with...uh, someone, who looks like she could be the bride's sister.
--more practice, and someone (cousin Chris or Greg, son of Loren's brother Mark) has his arm in a sling--what's up with that ? Crazy Aunt Becky needs details.
--a real bagpiper!
--white cake with groom and bride initials
--the real wedding cake, chocolate variety
--fancy cakish concoction
--Cousin Laura Lee, only daughter of Loren's brother Mark, eyes the buffet table. (I hope you ate some for Aunt Becky, my dear, and that you'll forgive me if I misspelled your name...)
--more buffet table exuberance, this time it's Mark. The mysterious woman in orange looks to be Nora, wife of Loren's older brother Stan.
--persons already pictured above :-)
--mother and father of the groom, Nelda and Walter Banek, with photographer Linda sandwiched in between. Walter is the minister for The Good Shepherd Reformed Episcopal Church of Tyler, Texas.
--Linda (again!) and Bethany, fifth child of Stan and Nora. Bethany is Ardith's age and looks like someone you wouldn't want to turn your back on. Oh, I'm sure she's really very nice, heh, heh.
--Stan Hoyt, Loren's next older brother. Stan has a nicer camera than I do and takes exceptional pictures but of course, I would NEVER hold this against him.
--Bethany encore (getting a little pushy, dear?) beside Elizabeth, whose husband Galen passed away suddenly in 2003 from a heart attack. Elizabeth is basically EVERYONE's favorite aunt and sitting next is her youngest son Samuel. As I detect a blue cast it appears more bone breakage explanations are necessary...
--Photographer Stan (I don't know if he was the official photo guy, but he's always taking pictures, only much less annoyingly than I) Mark in background, bride and groom and what looks to be exuberant Alexander, youngest of Nelda and Walter's children.
--the official setting down of the champagne glasses
--the official cutting of the cake
--the official stuffing of the mouth
--the official kissypoo
--the official toast thing
--Bubbles! I love the way Linda captures some great bubbles while the bride and groom try to escape.
--more exiting. Nelda is in the middle of the group of people.
--more of the bubbly, by what appear to be female attendants in Chinesey dresses and what suspiciously look like bare feet....
--Chris Hoyt, eldest son of Mark and Laurie Ann, and recent winner of an organ contest somewhere in Texas. Was Chris the one who played the pipe organ for the wedding? The answer is out there, somewhere...
--three guys and an umbrella. OR, two ministers and a photographer-type person. OR, Loren's brother Stan, the officiating minister and Walter, father of the groom.
TA DA, The Last Picture....! I really like this one:
--Mark on the far left preparing to break a filling, and Linda Simons on the far right. She came with the guy in the middle (help me out with the name, Linda) who had done some programming work for SIL ministries, where Gary and Linda Simons are currently doing missionary work, (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) and is also a friend of Matthew's. SMALL WORLD, people. And looking beauteous in white is Linda's friend's "friend." :-D
Many thanks to Linda for attending the wedding in our stead, and to Matthew for okaying the deal, and especially to all the family members who treated Linda so well.
Wish we could have been there, but it is great to see the pictures, which reminds me...
...since my emails were erased I'll have to get Loren to send me another nephew's pictures from the wedding in April, and then there'll be another in June, so basically, they're falling like flies.
But nice flies. Very, very nice flies.
Tweet

The Progeny
5 Comments:
Mommy, between Thainamu's photos and your commentary, the next best thing to being there!
Wow, that was quite the commentary. I may have to cut and paste it all to the comments box for each photo in my album!
The photo with the bubbles and the bride and groom exiting was entirely an accident, but it did turn out kind of artsy, didn't it?
(And if anyone actually wanted any of these photos in full size for printing, please let me know your email and I'll send them to you. The somewhat reduced versions of them can be downloaded directly from the album.)
Hi, I'm Eric Pyle, the guy in the middle in the last photo who had the pleasure of helping Linda make it to the Banek wedding on your behalf! :) My "beauteous in white friend" is Claire. Tis indeed a small world (i.e. with a big God).
Fyi...My blog (needing an update) is http://www.opcnorman.org/blogs/EricPyle/
My Wycliffe page:
http://www.opcnorman.org/Wycliffe/EricPyle/
Well thank you, Eric :-)
You just have to update, now, since I've bookmarked your blog.
Isn't it interesting how the really smart people who are busy do not have time to put their thoughts down, while ordinary numskulls with nothing to say (like myself) babble on and on?
Post a Comment
<< Home