Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Monday, May 28, 2007

Oh Arrrrrr-dith....

Could you bring up a package of ordinary hot-dog buns for your sweet maman when you come today?

My usual store had com-PLETE-ly run out, so I bought brat buns. Now the brat buns will go nicely with the brats, but I seem to have a shortage of corresponding bunnage to go with the regular hot dogs that the little kids enjoy so much.

Naturally, the grocery store SHOULD have had the foresight to order extra buns for Memorial day weekend, but they are nice folks, try sorta hard and besides...one day I met the son of the manager in the dentist office while he was waiting for his wife's wisdom teeth to get pulled (which is a misnomer, for as we all know, they pound the teeth into smithereens and then fish out all the pieces...but I'm getting slightly off point) and he was a fine upstanding citizen and really congenial sort and so now I will be loyal to his dad's grocery store for life.

*huge intake of air*

So maybe you could bring up some hot dog buns?

Don't even worry about the fact that the little kids will have to eat naked hot dogs if you don't...

...and thanks for all the fish.
 

2 Comments:

Blogger Thainamu said...

Ardith went fishing??

5/28/2007 10:58:00 AM  
Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

No, it's a random quote/title from a famous sci/fi series I haven't read.

5/28/2007 05:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home