Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Proboscis in action


 

4 Comments:

Blogger Thainamu said...

I like taking nature photos too. I think National Geographic ought to hire us.

8/29/2007 07:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a grand idea! We could become fabulously wealthy, yet remain our eminently humble selves.

8/29/2007 11:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of butterflies...we had a whole flock (flutter) of Monarchs in the yard last evening. It was just as a wind front was passing through. The butterflies seemed very nervous as they vied for the leaves on a single branch of one of the trees at the edge of our woods. They would land, then take flight and flutter around carried by the draughts of the wind, and then settle back down on the branch. We didn't get a count but we estimate about two dozen of them. I took pictures, but even with the flash the picture was very dark, although the orange wings were quite visible. Maybe a little Photoshop touch-up will help--but I don't think National Geographic will be pounding on my door.

8/29/2007 11:36:00 PM  
Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

Terry, we had a similar experience a few years ago. A pod/cluster/whatever of monarchs settled one evening in the front pines. It was a little later in the year and we figured they were resting on their migrational trek south.

Naturally this was before I had a decent camera.

8/30/2007 08:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home