Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Yes, I could have been an electrician

Finished up my work at the church for this week.

When I ascended the stairs to clean the foyer I discovered the lights were not working. Determining the plug beneath the switch was viable I came to the conclusion I could sweep in the dim light, but I decided to check out the fuse box in the basement.

If nothing else, I could check for spiders.

Every switch was in the 'on' position but observant Ma did notice a pretty orangish square beside one switch.

I turned it 'off' and then 'on' to see what would happen. This could have been pure intuition or it might have something to do with the situation in our home where the microwave suddenly turns off when the refrigerator kicks on just as the micro has been started.

Then, not ONLY do I have to run downstairs to the icky damp basement and brave potential cobwebs to flick the errant breaker switch, but afterward I have to REPROGRAM the microwave clock !

Though frustrating it is not too taxing for my ever nimble brain, but of course you are still wondering whatever happened with the church situation...

WELL, I am happy to report that the orange box magically disappeared when I returned the switch to 'On' and not only THAT, but the upstairs lights worked :-)

Three cheers for Moi!

It takes so little to make some people happy.

And now I am off to do battle with the lawn, of which there is less to mow after being trodden down with the skid loader.

*sigh*

A Ma's work is never done...
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home