It Was Only A Matter of Time
"Car 109 to dispatch...do you copy?"
"This is dispatch, car 109...go ahead..."
"I have a 12-year-old Lincoln sitting just off the Iowa Falls west bound entrance ramp to Highway 20, flashers on...need you to run a plate check..."
"Roger that. Go ahead..."
"###-****.. do you copy?"
"Got it...hang on...what's the driver like?"
"Middle-aged female, mildly horse-faced, slight graying of hair...claims she waiting to pick up daughter coming home from college....over"
"I copy...any open containers?"
"Roger that, dispatch...one small McDonald's drink in cup holder, one can of cashews--halves and pieces, and one bag of Dove's....there was also a distinct odor of dark chocolate emanating from the vehicle..."
"Got it. Here's the report back on that tag...'No previous record. Likes Big Band and Opera'....whoa...THAT's a red flag...other than that, looks fine...do you copy?"
"Roger. She seems harmless enough...reading a 'Family Circle' magazine...I'm gonna let her stay where she is. Car 109, over and out."
__________________
You think Ma is kidding? Only partially.
I arranged to meet Kendra south of Iowa Falls where 20 crosses 65 and had two patrol cars stop--COMPLETE WITH FLASHING LIGHTS--to make sure everything was OK :-)
I gotta admit seeing those blue and red flashing beacons in my review mirror made my stomach jump a bit. I had to suppress the sudden urge to stash the Dove's under the seat. But it's nice to know the police were making sure I wasn't broken down by the side of the road.
I'd turned on my flashers to make sure any semis didn't get too cozy as they were hurtling towards the on-ramp. I asked both officers if it was OK to stay there and wait and they said, "Oh sure...just wanted to see if there was car trouble."
Anyway, Ma has retrieved one collegiate. Kendra is again enjoying the hyperactivity of wound up kids who want to know if she's sorry she missed out on the Godzilla's Revenge DVD last evening. ("No") Then they had the temerity to ask their chère maman if they could have this last full day of school off to celebrate. ("NO")
Jason is starting on his first leg up from Texas. We've made arrangements for Ardith to pick him up west of Chicago on Saturday and one of us will go collect him on Saturday night, I imagine.
It'll be good to fill up some of these empty rooms again :-D
Tweet
"This is dispatch, car 109...go ahead..."
"I have a 12-year-old Lincoln sitting just off the Iowa Falls west bound entrance ramp to Highway 20, flashers on...need you to run a plate check..."
"Roger that. Go ahead..."
"###-****.. do you copy?"
"Got it...hang on...what's the driver like?"
"Middle-aged female, mildly horse-faced, slight graying of hair...claims she waiting to pick up daughter coming home from college....over"
"I copy...any open containers?"
"Roger that, dispatch...one small McDonald's drink in cup holder, one can of cashews--halves and pieces, and one bag of Dove's....there was also a distinct odor of dark chocolate emanating from the vehicle..."
"Got it. Here's the report back on that tag...'No previous record. Likes Big Band and Opera'....whoa...THAT's a red flag...other than that, looks fine...do you copy?"
"Roger. She seems harmless enough...reading a 'Family Circle' magazine...I'm gonna let her stay where she is. Car 109, over and out."
__________________
You think Ma is kidding? Only partially.
I arranged to meet Kendra south of Iowa Falls where 20 crosses 65 and had two patrol cars stop--COMPLETE WITH FLASHING LIGHTS--to make sure everything was OK :-)
I gotta admit seeing those blue and red flashing beacons in my review mirror made my stomach jump a bit. I had to suppress the sudden urge to stash the Dove's under the seat. But it's nice to know the police were making sure I wasn't broken down by the side of the road.
I'd turned on my flashers to make sure any semis didn't get too cozy as they were hurtling towards the on-ramp. I asked both officers if it was OK to stay there and wait and they said, "Oh sure...just wanted to see if there was car trouble."
Anyway, Ma has retrieved one collegiate. Kendra is again enjoying the hyperactivity of wound up kids who want to know if she's sorry she missed out on the Godzilla's Revenge DVD last evening. ("No") Then they had the temerity to ask their chère maman if they could have this last full day of school off to celebrate. ("NO")
Jason is starting on his first leg up from Texas. We've made arrangements for Ardith to pick him up west of Chicago on Saturday and one of us will go collect him on Saturday night, I imagine.
It'll be good to fill up some of these empty rooms again :-D
Tweet

The Progeny
3 Comments:
Wow, two police cars! We have such kind policemen in Iowa, don't we?
Good to know Kendra's safely home and Jason's heading there!
"Blogger Sharon," huh..
:-D
What's up with that?
Ugh!
Evil Blogger has stuck again...
Ma is NOT pleased.
Post a Comment
<< Home