Ma's Newsy Nuggets
Camel Beauty Contest.
Oh hey...what's not to love?
Organisers hope it will remind Emiratis of traditional desert values.
Good ol' Traditional Desert Values. I tried to look them up....they're super, I'm sure.
As long as you're not a camel or a woman.
_____________
Speaking of females, Cousin Terry found a site where a click will facilitate a donation of 1 dollar from Campbell's. You know...the people who make green tomato soup.
Now here's the scoop (in more ways than one):
--YOU don't pay, Campbell's does. All you do is "click"
--The promotion only lasts until April 14--which I just discovered yesterday--so clickity, clickity click.... :-)
--I hesitated for a while to share this, since the "winning dress design" had a somewhat low neckline and I figured I might get some grief from certain peoples if I linked to it, but then I thought about it and here's Ma's take....I DON'T CARE!. If you saw someone collapsed in the street, needing CPR, would you hold back because they had on apparel you considered immodest?
I certainly hope not.
The dress at the site is just a drawing, fer cryin' out loud, so I'm trusting--in the words of the immortal Bill Clinton--we can all just "chill out."
--if you go to the site it will tell you to "click on this year's winning dress," but in reality you need to wait a few seconds and click on a red tab that materilizes to the right of the dress. The red tab says "Go."
--again, you aren't paying anything yourself, but Campbell's will donate for your click. It's so EASY. I go there every morning after I click on the breast cancer site :-D
--Are you ready?.... Go red with Campbell's.
_________________
And speaking of CPR...there are new guidelines, and they don't include pausing for breaths.
Obviously there are exceptions, such as when the victim is a child and one has reason to believe they may be choking on something.
Dr. Gorden Ewy has been promoting this "chest compression only" for 15 years, which goes to show that persistence can pay off.
That's why I'm not giving up on my "lose weight by eating chocolate" approach to dieting.
HA HA! I'm only kidding, of course. For the most part, anyway.
_________________
On the Loren-News front, I'm happy to report that he slept some last night and is feeling better. Pain is much less.
_________________
On yet another front we are getting ready for some special visitors to the Hoyt homestead later today! They are SO special, Ma is not even going all out to clean up the house :-)
(you know you are special if Ma feels comfortable enough to let yo see her imperfections...also, I am 'bout too tired to care anymore)
I will endeavor to get clean sheets on the bed.
Pictures to come, if I remember to take any.
Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home