And lo, it did pour
First off, we would appreciate your prayers for our pastor's oldest son, Kevin. He was scheduled for an appendectomy yesterday afternoon, though there were two other "Ap's" ahead of him in line.
Must be something in the Iowa water.
This news brought on a whole line of questioning from los kiddos, "Where did he catch appendicitis from?"
A natural query when you're always pounding into their brains that we don't want to get sick and that's one reason we don't go to every available function.
Second off, we got mucho done-o on the garden since Monday. Ma has been pounding the spade against the crabgrass and other assorted evils for around 18 hours this week. Yesterday we got in the tomato and pepper plants and a few bedding flowers.
And now it is raining! Buckets, actually. Just the cucumber seeds and a few miscellany left, but they can wait. The important thing is that the paths are cleared, you can distinguish beds and paths, and certain peoples won't have reason to make disparaging comments when they come to our house over the weekend.
(anymore, I just don't care much what they think of the IN-side)
The only thing we didn't finish was the lawn, but as I told Ethan yesterday--after he begged for the fifth time to mow the hard part--"We can always cut grass after rain, but you can't plant tomatoes in mud."
(feel free to copy that gem into your "famous quotation" booklets)
Third off, I have now successfully trained Loren to fry his own egg.
And it only took 26.9 years!
He's always been capable of scrounging for his cold cereal, but for several days he forewent his daily eggs if I wasn't handy because, "It's just too much trouble."
Sometimes I would break up my morning exercise routine to go down and make sure he had an egg. However, my going out to the garden between 6:30 and 7:00 each morning for the past week has made me slightly less "available." And when I came in once and discovered he HAD made his own egg, he was basically busted.
So now, the first thing I do after my morning ablutions, is go down and set everything out that he will need.
I do some. He does some. And that's what marriage is all about, right? Each person doing his part for the good of Ma.
Next week...
...dishes. (just kidding, Loren :-)
Fourth off, you'd be surprised what your body does after working like a dog all day/week. You know how you can be lying in bed, nearly asleep and then...*twitch*...? Well, this kept happening to me last night. About five or six times per minute.
I figured that either I had worked so hard that individual muscle fibers didn't know when to quit, or I was gonna have a seizure in the next hour.
With that settled, I finally drifted off into slumber.
Speaking which, I need to lie down...
Tweet
Must be something in the Iowa water.
This news brought on a whole line of questioning from los kiddos, "Where did he catch appendicitis from?"
A natural query when you're always pounding into their brains that we don't want to get sick and that's one reason we don't go to every available function.
Second off, we got mucho done-o on the garden since Monday. Ma has been pounding the spade against the crabgrass and other assorted evils for around 18 hours this week. Yesterday we got in the tomato and pepper plants and a few bedding flowers.
And now it is raining! Buckets, actually. Just the cucumber seeds and a few miscellany left, but they can wait. The important thing is that the paths are cleared, you can distinguish beds and paths, and certain peoples won't have reason to make disparaging comments when they come to our house over the weekend.
(anymore, I just don't care much what they think of the IN-side)
The only thing we didn't finish was the lawn, but as I told Ethan yesterday--after he begged for the fifth time to mow the hard part--"We can always cut grass after rain, but you can't plant tomatoes in mud."
(feel free to copy that gem into your "famous quotation" booklets)
Third off, I have now successfully trained Loren to fry his own egg.
And it only took 26.9 years!
He's always been capable of scrounging for his cold cereal, but for several days he forewent his daily eggs if I wasn't handy because, "It's just too much trouble."
Sometimes I would break up my morning exercise routine to go down and make sure he had an egg. However, my going out to the garden between 6:30 and 7:00 each morning for the past week has made me slightly less "available." And when I came in once and discovered he HAD made his own egg, he was basically busted.
So now, the first thing I do after my morning ablutions, is go down and set everything out that he will need.
I do some. He does some. And that's what marriage is all about, right? Each person doing his part for the good of Ma.
Next week...
...dishes. (just kidding, Loren :-)
Fourth off, you'd be surprised what your body does after working like a dog all day/week. You know how you can be lying in bed, nearly asleep and then...*twitch*...? Well, this kept happening to me last night. About five or six times per minute.
I figured that either I had worked so hard that individual muscle fibers didn't know when to quit, or I was gonna have a seizure in the next hour.
With that settled, I finally drifted off into slumber.
Speaking which, I need to lie down...
Tweet

The Progeny
1 Comments:
I would respond but it would take just too much effort for all the good it would do. (Boy, I identify with Raymond in "Everybody Loves Raymond" more every year.) Especially so, since I know my dear wife only says these things for the response, after all, you know how the "baby of the family" seems to remain one for life.
Loren
Post a Comment
<< Home