Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Off to Bible School

 


And there they go...oh look! The Bunny Boy is waving to his chère maman :-D

Hard to believe Trevor is six, the little shrimp. We'll see if he can make it the rest of the week. I think he believes one of his older sisters will be with him, but both Kendra and Melinda are helping out with another class...

He has to go at least through tomorrow, 'cause I'll be at my once-per-month 5-hour cleaning job that morning.
__________________

A fair amount of water is down, from our roads, at least. Mason City got hit really hard and their sewage treatment plant flooded and had to shut down. The levee broke at Greene and their main street is a lake. Clarksville is partly closed down.

Highway 3 was flooded at Dumont yesterday and I didn't realize it until after I was well on my shopping way, but Butler County was under a "Travel Not Advised"....OOPS! Well, I left from the southwest corner and did most of my driving in other counties.

New Hartford had everything turned off...gas, electricity, because of flooding...as if the tornado that went through there wasn't enough... It's a mess.

We get a break from rain today but another storm is supposed to roll in Wednesday night and go through part of Friday.
_______________

After Sunday dinner Ma had a fun hour picking through the grass to find broken glass. One piece was discovered by my finger. (I must say, glass makes a very clean cut) Even so, I still found more bits and pieces while mowing yesterday. I was careful to blow everything toward the house to minimize the affected area.

However, the kids are no longer allowed to go barefoot this year.
_________________

Garden is most gooey but Ma is venturing out with boards to step on. MUST pull some weeds before the next deluge.

People are saying this is worse than the flood of '93, which at the time, was referred to as "the 100-year flood."

We are all just ants.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home