Today doin's
Super muggy, warm day.
Kinda makes one long for air conditioning, but that bird flew the coop when the heat pump died this past winter. Maybe the heating/cooling company we contacted will get back to us one of these days...ha, ha.
At any rate, Ma got both of her Echinacea colonies de-grassed, AND finished up the very last of the mowing.
That should hold the lawn for another two days. Mucho raino makes for many mowings.
And speaking of deluges, last night was a whopper!
Right about beditmee the ol' lightning kicked in. Flashings and boomings abounded. At one point I was just starting to drift off when....CRACK!!.
I'll confess I yelped.
Later the rain pounded in mighty gusts against our north windows--the storms came in from the southwest, by the way--and then the hail started.
Contemplated taking everyone to the basement, but decided I was a couple hairs shy of being scared stiff, so we waited it out.
In the morning, a tree on Mr. Lupkes' property showed obvious signs of being struck by lightning. No problemo, though...it was a good 200 feeto from the house-o.
Thankfully, the potential for strong storms this afternoon did not materialize. We hope for a more quite night this bedtime.
Tweet
Kinda makes one long for air conditioning, but that bird flew the coop when the heat pump died this past winter. Maybe the heating/cooling company we contacted will get back to us one of these days...ha, ha.
At any rate, Ma got both of her Echinacea colonies de-grassed, AND finished up the very last of the mowing.
That should hold the lawn for another two days. Mucho raino makes for many mowings.
And speaking of deluges, last night was a whopper!
Right about beditmee the ol' lightning kicked in. Flashings and boomings abounded. At one point I was just starting to drift off when....CRACK!!.
I'll confess I yelped.
Later the rain pounded in mighty gusts against our north windows--the storms came in from the southwest, by the way--and then the hail started.
Contemplated taking everyone to the basement, but decided I was a couple hairs shy of being scared stiff, so we waited it out.
In the morning, a tree on Mr. Lupkes' property showed obvious signs of being struck by lightning. No problemo, though...it was a good 200 feeto from the house-o.
Thankfully, the potential for strong storms this afternoon did not materialize. We hope for a more quite night this bedtime.
Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home