It's HOT
As in, dripping-down-on-your-glasses-and-you-smell-like-a-pig-from-mowing, hot.
Part of the grass cutting fatigue comes from having to restart the ailing mower every few strips...*barely suppressed urge to scream*
Ma employed one of her age-old lawn grooming techniques today: When you don't have enough gas or time to mow the entire lawn, just mow the front parts of both sides so that people passing by will think you did the whole thing :-D
______________
I sent my twister pic into KWWL but nothing, so far. I guess it is no big deal, huh? It sorta was, to us.
I even called it in to 911 and when I told them my location... "We have weather spotters out there. Thank you for calling."...*click*...
Ohhh-kay.
______________
Since we went to the library on Friday Ma needs to report on the books she picked out:
Little Heathens: Hard Times and High Spirits on an Iowa Farm During the Great Depression by Mildred Armstrong Kalish
Yours, Jack: Spiritual Direction From C.S. Lewis
Presidential Courage: Brave Leaders and How They Changed America 1789-1989 by Michael Beschloss
A Family of Poems: My Favorite Poetry for Children by Caroline Kennedy
Why Women Should Rule the World by Dee Dee Myers
That last one serves two purposes: 1) to read, 2) to leave lying around to drive the husband nuts. I strongly adjure every wife to do this, once in a while.
Tweet
Part of the grass cutting fatigue comes from having to restart the ailing mower every few strips...*barely suppressed urge to scream*
Ma employed one of her age-old lawn grooming techniques today: When you don't have enough gas or time to mow the entire lawn, just mow the front parts of both sides so that people passing by will think you did the whole thing :-D
______________
I sent my twister pic into KWWL but nothing, so far. I guess it is no big deal, huh? It sorta was, to us.
I even called it in to 911 and when I told them my location... "We have weather spotters out there. Thank you for calling."...*click*...
Ohhh-kay.
______________
Since we went to the library on Friday Ma needs to report on the books she picked out:
Little Heathens: Hard Times and High Spirits on an Iowa Farm During the Great Depression by Mildred Armstrong Kalish
Yours, Jack: Spiritual Direction From C.S. Lewis
Presidential Courage: Brave Leaders and How They Changed America 1789-1989 by Michael Beschloss
A Family of Poems: My Favorite Poetry for Children by Caroline Kennedy
Why Women Should Rule the World by Dee Dee Myers
That last one serves two purposes: 1) to read, 2) to leave lying around to drive the husband nuts. I strongly adjure every wife to do this, once in a while.
Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home