The Huge Dilemma
So MANY things coalescing, here at the Hoytstead.
Jason will be home from college, this Friday night!
Also, the time of librariness crept up on us, unawares. This wouldn't be too bad, but because of the whole economy meltdown, we've been coordinating this every-two-months endeavor with grocery shopping for that week,
BUT,
Derek's birthday is next week, which means he has to pick out his birthday meal and dessert THIS MORNING, as we've (read that, I've) decided 'twould be best to go to-day.
Oh, it may SEEM like trivia to the rest of society, but to the young perfectionist turning 18, it is no small decision. Especially when you thought there were days left for the choosing.
It has to be a REALLY GREAT MEAL. Something NOT COMMON. Something so good (and troublesome) that Ma hardly ever bothers to make it.
Ma finally came up with the suggestion of meatball subs, such as we have at family camp (they're really not that hard to make, but the kids don't have to KNOW that).
Derek finally caved with the addition of optional mushrooms.
That was the main dish, now for the dessert!
*intense discussions necessitating trained arbitrators, football refs and diplomats from 7 different countries*
Halle-LU-jah, 'tis decided! Almond Joy Cake.
Can you say, "YUMMO?"
_____________
The Trevor Report: I am happy to say that Trevor is much, much better. He is eating pert near normally and hasn't lain listlessly on the couch for two whole days.
I was getting a little concerned, as he was eating minute amounts and had gotten quite lethargic.
He came down with it last Wednesday, and by Thursday or Friday, his fever was gone and I told him, trying to be an encouragement, "All we have to do is get through one more night, and I'll bet you'll be feeling a lot better!"
"I'm not wohwied about getting thwough the night..."
*blinks*
"What do you mean? You're worried about getting through the day?"
"Yes."
I thought that was kinda weird for a little kid of 7 to say. He felt bad. And after he said that, I started getting a little worried...but he seems pretty OK, now.
So far, no one else has gotten sick. And that makes it a good day to go to the libraries.
Tweet
Jason will be home from college, this Friday night!
Also, the time of librariness crept up on us, unawares. This wouldn't be too bad, but because of the whole economy meltdown, we've been coordinating this every-two-months endeavor with grocery shopping for that week,
BUT,
Derek's birthday is next week, which means he has to pick out his birthday meal and dessert THIS MORNING, as we've (read that, I've) decided 'twould be best to go to-day.
Oh, it may SEEM like trivia to the rest of society, but to the young perfectionist turning 18, it is no small decision. Especially when you thought there were days left for the choosing.
It has to be a REALLY GREAT MEAL. Something NOT COMMON. Something so good (and troublesome) that Ma hardly ever bothers to make it.
Ma finally came up with the suggestion of meatball subs, such as we have at family camp (they're really not that hard to make, but the kids don't have to KNOW that).
Derek finally caved with the addition of optional mushrooms.
That was the main dish, now for the dessert!
*intense discussions necessitating trained arbitrators, football refs and diplomats from 7 different countries*
Halle-LU-jah, 'tis decided! Almond Joy Cake.
Can you say, "YUMMO?"
_____________
The Trevor Report: I am happy to say that Trevor is much, much better. He is eating pert near normally and hasn't lain listlessly on the couch for two whole days.
I was getting a little concerned, as he was eating minute amounts and had gotten quite lethargic.
He came down with it last Wednesday, and by Thursday or Friday, his fever was gone and I told him, trying to be an encouragement, "All we have to do is get through one more night, and I'll bet you'll be feeling a lot better!"
"I'm not wohwied about getting thwough the night..."
*blinks*
"What do you mean? You're worried about getting through the day?"
"Yes."
I thought that was kinda weird for a little kid of 7 to say. He felt bad. And after he said that, I started getting a little worried...but he seems pretty OK, now.
So far, no one else has gotten sick. And that makes it a good day to go to the libraries.
Tweet

The Progeny
2 Comments:
I always get a kick out of the birthday dinner dilemma :-) Meatball subs sound like a good choice, esp. with extra mushrooms. Is almond joy cake made with almond joy candy bars? Glad Trevor is doing better. Poor little guy.
Thanks for the heads up on Omega 3. We're going to check at the health food store tomorrow and see if they carry it.
Kim, the cake doesn't utilize actual candy bars, but it turns out even better tasting with marshmallows, almonds, chocolate chips and coconut!
I'll put a link to the recipe, though you can find scads of them at the online sites.
Post a Comment
<< Home