Iowa Comes in Second.....
...in the list of happiest states, financially. Nebraska was first, but Iowa was second! Pretty stinkin' great, I'd say.
The Midwest. We may not be all that exciting, but...anyway....
______________
On another note, Ardith's birthday is coming up the end of this month, and Ma is putting out a request for gift ideas.
In the past there have been books. Lots of books. And once Loren and I took her out to eat, followed by a concert.
However, nothing special comes to mind, this year (I mean, let's face it, Riverdance is WAY outta the budget), so I'm open to suggestions.
Feel free to post (reasonable) suggestions here on the blog, or email me with details of book possibilities, or specifics that we don't want to mention due to spoiling the whole element of surprise.
Tweet
The Midwest. We may not be all that exciting, but...anyway....
______________
On another note, Ardith's birthday is coming up the end of this month, and Ma is putting out a request for gift ideas.
In the past there have been books. Lots of books. And once Loren and I took her out to eat, followed by a concert.
However, nothing special comes to mind, this year (I mean, let's face it, Riverdance is WAY outta the budget), so I'm open to suggestions.
Feel free to post (reasonable) suggestions here on the blog, or email me with details of book possibilities, or specifics that we don't want to mention due to spoiling the whole element of surprise.
Tweet

The Progeny
5 Comments:
Perhaps she'd like a pet cat.
Kendra
Interesting. I could just nab one of those strays that come to our yard. Perhaps send along a few mice from the traps as a starter feeding kit.
No. Pet cat = Bad Idea.
Even though my son and his wife love to cook, I once made them some meals for the freezer for those nights they work late and/or are just plain tired. They LOVED the gift! If I remember correctly, I made them 3 pans each of four kinds of casseroles (lasagna, green chili enchiladas, shepherd's pie, and creamed chicken with biscuits). I bought a couple packages of disposable aluminum pans at Walmart, used tin foil on top, and put them into large freezer zip locks to make sure they didn't get freezer burn.
Just a thought :-)
Ahhh Becky, how well I remember when you were pregnant for Ardith and only a few weeks from due. You had that happy pregnant glow, that cute waddly walk, and we all knew it was Becky coming 3 feet before she turned the corner....(Of course Bev had just found out she was pregnant with Amber and you two were the only ones I could tell and trust you wouldn't rat me out for spilling the beans before I had permission:-)
Post a Comment
<< Home