Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Another Potential Garden Destroyer

I spied this fawn along the gravel road, while driving home, yesterday.


First it went into the ditch, where I heard much splashing about, and then up to the edge of the field, where it looked at me and thought of its future garden-stomping activities.
______________

Today was a busy day. Started laundry and worked like a dog out in the garden, digging up muchos quack grassos.

Had to come in for lunch, because....*sigh*...people have to eat. I guess. Then I sat with Nolan, urging him on to finish half a math lesson while he tried very hard not to fall asleep from the rigors of Bible School.

THEN, I finally got back out to the garden and fixed up one of my old beds into a new curvy shape, and later was able to put all my precious egg plants, started from seed, into the ground.

I don't know if they will grow. I don't even know if they will taste good. But man oh man, the bed and path sure look sweet :-)

Then there was the little matter of writing a two-page Hoyt family letter (it comes out every month, and anyone who wishes to can contribute. I write the most often because I have so many mental problems and writing and digging in the garden keep me from going off the deep end).

Now I am almost done with the day, for once the 4 1/2 loads of laundry are folded, I'll be free to do anything I want.
 

2 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Mommy! Picking on a poor little innocent deer that's hopping happily through the corn fields like a bunny rabbit. By the way, great shot of the leg positions.

6/11/2009 02:14:00 PM  
Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

HA! I should put up pictures of the deer tracks through the garden.

Oh...and any decent pictures are a total accident. But that's the way I like it. Rather than studying the manual and flipping through the different options on the camera, I prefer to aim and shoot and just get lucky once in a while :-)

6/11/2009 08:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home