Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Friday, June 26, 2009

Halfway There!

As in, Melinda and I have now completed 20 of the 40 hours needed to become Master Gardeners :-)

Put in some more time at the courthouse, this morning. Took care of the younger kids by chaining them to the TV.

It seemed to work. They got to watch Seseame Street and then, after a small break to take care of mundane things like getting dressed and brushing teeth, they watched a real life version of The Secret Garden.

Talk about your theme days!

The Loren Report: he got back early from his check-up at Mayo...around 3:30. Not all of the test results are back, but his cholesterol is up a bit, so we have to be more careful of his diet.

I got out (again) and finished the lawn. THREE DAYS, it took. I lie awake at night thinking of methods to destroy the mower, without making it look obvious. I'm open to suggestions...

Also drug out the ol' weed whacker and worked on part of the driveway. Again, I'm thinking about alternatives, like....massive amounts of weedkiller, or massive amounts of more stone. As with the above, I'm willing to talk other options...

Tomorrow we'll be heading for the libraries, and after sitting next to Trevor during the news, this evening, I believe Friday night baths might be in order. It's been a sweaty week and hey, I love the kid, but really!

And speaking of news, I find it totally amazing that the entire world has apparently come to a stop due to the death of Michael Jackson. Except, it has NOT come to a stop, it's just reported that way.

I say we keep a close eye out. This would be an opportune time for extraterrestrials to invade Earth.

By the way, I spelled that big word right, the first time :-D

BONUS POINTS FOR MA!
 

4 Comments:

Anonymous Rebekah said...

...Or North Korea, whichever happens to decide to first...

6/27/2009 06:11:00 AM  
Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

I think the odds of extraterrestrials are slightly higher.

6/27/2009 08:47:00 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Way to go, Mommy! Although, I'm not sure how I'm going to feel about you getting your Master's before any of us...

6/27/2009 07:50:00 PM  
Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

Well, ma chère, it's not over yet. I still have 20 hours to get in before I'm qualified to do brain surgery.

6/27/2009 10:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home