Ma: Inimitably Tied to Culture
After feeling slight twinges of guilt for yesterday's complaint on Facebook (after a call from Grace College, DURING MY NAP, asking for money) I do feel compelled to perform an act of attrition.
I could explain my placid rant in more detail, but that would necessitate yet a-nother attritial act, which absolutely goes against my moral scruples.
It should be noted, however, that this institution of higher learning has made it possible for daughtero numero deux-o to visit Paris. It happened while she was studying in France, as part of her foreign language major.
The main benefit being that I've rubbed shoulders with a person who's been to Europe; who's seen neat stuffs; big, old buildings and well....culture. And this culture has a way of imbuing its noblissage, all over the fawning mass of Ma.
Despite it being October, I'm feeling sorta august.
Now, without further adoage, I give you...daughter Sharon!

Of course, a skeptic might wonder if she was truly there, or just standing in front of a cheesy cardboard cutout. On a dirt road. In Texas.
But I prefer to harbor thoughts of cultural kinship.
Sharon was in Paris.
I am her mother.
Ergo,
Ma-eminence.
Tweet
I could explain my placid rant in more detail, but that would necessitate yet a-nother attritial act, which absolutely goes against my moral scruples.
It should be noted, however, that this institution of higher learning has made it possible for daughtero numero deux-o to visit Paris. It happened while she was studying in France, as part of her foreign language major.
The main benefit being that I've rubbed shoulders with a person who's been to Europe; who's seen neat stuffs; big, old buildings and well....culture. And this culture has a way of imbuing its noblissage, all over the fawning mass of Ma.
Despite it being October, I'm feeling sorta august.
Now, without further adoage, I give you...daughter Sharon!

Of course, a skeptic might wonder if she was truly there, or just standing in front of a cheesy cardboard cutout. On a dirt road. In Texas.
But I prefer to harbor thoughts of cultural kinship.
Sharon was in Paris.
I am her mother.
Ergo,
Ma-eminence.
Tweet

The Progeny
4 Comments:
Your Cultured Eminence, Ma Hoyt:
I enjoyed coming back to Your blog.
However, I must point out that there is a distinction we make, as World Languages and Cultures professors, ahem--what you are referring to is Culture vs. culture.
Well, if it helps, I was referring to what is distinctive about the arts and scholarly pursuits to learn of them.
A person of "culture," in my mind, would be someone exposed to and familiar (and appreciative) with those things in the world that are generally recognized as a high form of their type or genre.
There are so many wonderful examples of great architecture (e.g. Eiffel Tower) in Europe, that I was making the absurd statement that since the daughter had glimpsed great and beautiful things, so had I.
I wasn't meaning to make fun of a culture, and hope I did not do that.
I guess I'm not quite sure what you mean...
You DO know I am basically making fun of myself, right? You do realize that I'm joking?
:-)
I thought I was going to die laughing after this line!
And this culture has a way of imbuing its noblissage, all over the fawning mass of Ma.
.
By the way Mommy - you didn't say you were going to plaster the photo on the blog! But it's okay, if it lets you write a post that makes people laugh.
Sharon, I figured you wouldn't care since it had been on Facebook...
Post a Comment
<< Home