Three or Four Things of Note
ITED's, today. As in, the Iowa Test of Educational Development.
I took Melinda and Carolyn in to the local high school for the all morning extravaganza of circle-filling.
The main part is in the morning, with a lunch break, wherein I bring the girls a packed lunch, because....well, we Hoyts are not minglers.
Then it's back to the campus for the final sections, and back to the home front.
In my absence, I'd left Nolan in charge of lunch ("I never get to be in charge of a meal...!") which he got ready by 11:40. The intention was to start fixing lunch around 12:15, but he never changed his watch back, last weekend....so...
However the boys took care of themselves and no one was hurt. I'm happy!
______________
Ethan has now started on a major project to scope out a ball diamond in the harvested soybean field. This actually sounded like a worthwhile goal, until I observed the steps and the addition floor. Apparently, their shoes are picking up a LOT of dirt. Not just your average ho-hum dirt, but God's-own-humus, Iowa Soil.
It's big. It's black and clumpy. It's nice for growing but doesn't look so swell on the kitchen floor. I think I've got the whole "TAKE-OFF-YOUR-SHOES!" thing drilled into them, now.
______________
One more item of note....The Des Moines Register has just issued this breaking news...AN IOWA CAT HAS CONTRACTED H1N1 !
Life is scary, folks.
My favorite part of the article?
I DEMAND full disclosure.
Tweet
I took Melinda and Carolyn in to the local high school for the all morning extravaganza of circle-filling.
The main part is in the morning, with a lunch break, wherein I bring the girls a packed lunch, because....well, we Hoyts are not minglers.
Then it's back to the campus for the final sections, and back to the home front.
In my absence, I'd left Nolan in charge of lunch ("I never get to be in charge of a meal...!") which he got ready by 11:40. The intention was to start fixing lunch around 12:15, but he never changed his watch back, last weekend....so...
However the boys took care of themselves and no one was hurt. I'm happy!
______________
Ethan has now started on a major project to scope out a ball diamond in the harvested soybean field. This actually sounded like a worthwhile goal, until I observed the steps and the addition floor. Apparently, their shoes are picking up a LOT of dirt. Not just your average ho-hum dirt, but God's-own-humus, Iowa Soil.
It's big. It's black and clumpy. It's nice for growing but doesn't look so swell on the kitchen floor. I think I've got the whole "TAKE-OFF-YOUR-SHOES!" thing drilled into them, now.
______________
One more item of note....The Des Moines Register has just issued this breaking news...AN IOWA CAT HAS CONTRACTED H1N1 !
Life is scary, folks.
My favorite part of the article?
"The cat, which was not identified..."
I DEMAND full disclosure.
Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home