Portraits
By that up-and-coming artist, Nolan.
I have a larger white board that I use for one school subject, so the kids get to draw on this smaller one.
Here, Nolan shows his rendition of younger brother, Trevor.
Not sure if there was a mustache thing goin' on, or what...but Nolan spent a fair amount of time working on it. And of course, these projects are usually started about 5 minutes before bedtime, so...you know how THAT goes.
___________
In other news, I mowed a bit of lawn, today. It always goes in short stages, this last mowing of the year. Short, because by this time, the grass is actually pretty long, having been neglected after the start of school, and having grown more slowly with the coming of frosts.
Still, it has grown. Enough so that you can see the imprint of deer who have been spending the night :-(
Probably the same rotten ruminant who chewed off the bark of my poor little Japanese Tree Lilac.
I will never forgive that deer, by the way, but I'm fairly certain that deer aren't covered in the Bible's entreaty toward forgiveness.
____________
In other, OTHER news, the heating guy came this morning with an additional water tank. It was put to rest right on the cement pad Loren had crafted out of powder and water, earlier in the week (and if anyone needs something like this made, I'd be more than willing to hire Loren out for a mere 25%...)
There were pipes brought in and additional stuffs, after which there was much clanking and other various noises, interspersed with no small amount of laughter.
Apparently though, "It sounded like you guys were having a good time, down there..." was way too subtle, for nary a word was volunteered as to the topic of conversation.
That's OK. Christmas is coming and I have many presents to buy, or not to buy. That is the question.
Tweet

The Progeny
4 Comments:
"Rotten ruminant"? You sound kind of bitter, Mommy. But I'm with you... I also find it hard to forgive the deer who have dashed into my life.
Now the question about the no small amount of laughter, is: do you really want to know? Probably not. But nonetheless, isn't it great to be the Ma with all the power? Cook or not cook meals, buy or not buy presents. Or, cook which meals and buy which presents...
I like that portrait! Good job, Nolan!
Oh, I forgot to congratulate the artist. Mommy, he's getting really good. And is that a G for "Trevor is a Good boy", or a 6 for "Trevor was 6, last year"?
Trevor has a dark blue shirt with the number "6".
Of course he's really seven, but he could easily wear a "5" shirt and get away with it.
Post a Comment
<< Home