All About (the) Evening
Had a wonderful time last night, I did!
Leaving the kids in the clutches of frozen pizza and the Yankees' playoff game, we hoofed it over to Cedar Falls in the Limo, with nary a wheel falling off.
I did have to tell Loren to increase the wiper speed once, even though he was driving. (Do you ever have to do that, ladies? I get claustrophobic and nervous when I can't see out the windshield during a rainstorm. I know it's silly but....)
After the usual reenactment from the cartoon version of Jungle Book, "Well, what do you wanna do? I don't care, what do YOU wanna do?", we found Famous Dave's to be unusually unpacked.
Loren uncharacteristically picked out his food by the time the waitress returned. I had been dallying with the idea of a sandwich platter, solely due to the siren call from a "hellfire pickle." However, firmly lashing myself to my Christian roots, I did not succumb, choosing a safe and rather tasty "Chopped Pork," instead.
I nearly made a huge faux pas of ordering the same sides as Loren, but then switched at the last second, increasing our food variety as well as the scratches on the waitress's notepad.
At this point, I feel compelled to mention that Famous Daves is YET ANOTHER ESTABLISHMENT THAT NEGLECTS TO SERVE COKE PRODUCTS.
But since I'm not picky, I won't complain.
After rolling ourselves out of the restaurant, we headed over to the cinema. Most of the potentials had been playing for 30 minutes, but we were fairly close to the start of All About Steve.
We had that theater all to ourselves! And no annoying ads and quizzes to sit through.
It was a pretty fun movie :-) It makes a difference when no one's there and you can talk and laugh like you were at home. Plus, it's not often you get a crossword fanatic, a touch of opera, acceptable cheesiness and striking red boots, all in one movie (you wouldn't have liked it, Jason...no one died). Of course, it's not all about Steve, but it IS all about Mary, Sandra Bullock's character.
I don't suppose it'll win an academy award, but I liked it.
Then it was off to the grocery store for some forgotten Parmesan cheese and "oh-yeah-I-may-as-well-get-milk-while-I'm-here."
Everyone was alive when we arrived home, and though the Yankees ended up losing their game, it only means we get to watch a ball game on Saturday night, Woo-Hoo!
Tweet
Leaving the kids in the clutches of frozen pizza and the Yankees' playoff game, we hoofed it over to Cedar Falls in the Limo, with nary a wheel falling off.
I did have to tell Loren to increase the wiper speed once, even though he was driving. (Do you ever have to do that, ladies? I get claustrophobic and nervous when I can't see out the windshield during a rainstorm. I know it's silly but....)
After the usual reenactment from the cartoon version of Jungle Book, "Well, what do you wanna do? I don't care, what do YOU wanna do?", we found Famous Dave's to be unusually unpacked.
Loren uncharacteristically picked out his food by the time the waitress returned. I had been dallying with the idea of a sandwich platter, solely due to the siren call from a "hellfire pickle." However, firmly lashing myself to my Christian roots, I did not succumb, choosing a safe and rather tasty "Chopped Pork," instead.
I nearly made a huge faux pas of ordering the same sides as Loren, but then switched at the last second, increasing our food variety as well as the scratches on the waitress's notepad.
At this point, I feel compelled to mention that Famous Daves is YET ANOTHER ESTABLISHMENT THAT NEGLECTS TO SERVE COKE PRODUCTS.
But since I'm not picky, I won't complain.
After rolling ourselves out of the restaurant, we headed over to the cinema. Most of the potentials had been playing for 30 minutes, but we were fairly close to the start of All About Steve.
We had that theater all to ourselves! And no annoying ads and quizzes to sit through.
It was a pretty fun movie :-) It makes a difference when no one's there and you can talk and laugh like you were at home. Plus, it's not often you get a crossword fanatic, a touch of opera, acceptable cheesiness and striking red boots, all in one movie (you wouldn't have liked it, Jason...no one died). Of course, it's not all about Steve, but it IS all about Mary, Sandra Bullock's character.
I don't suppose it'll win an academy award, but I liked it.
Then it was off to the grocery store for some forgotten Parmesan cheese and "oh-yeah-I-may-as-well-get-milk-while-I'm-here."
Everyone was alive when we arrived home, and though the Yankees ended up losing their game, it only means we get to watch a ball game on Saturday night, Woo-Hoo!
Tweet

The Progeny
1 Comments:
Sounds like a lovely evening. Even if you did cave to your conservative upbringing and bypass the pickle, thereby missing out on who knows what delicious devilry.
Post a Comment
<< Home