Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Friday, January 22, 2010

Lessons of Modemity


  • Allow at least two minutes for each page to load
  • Repeatedly hitting the "enter" key may not expedite matters, but it sure beats repeatedly hitting your fist into the wall
  • Increased modem use can lead to the coining of phrases such as, "They can put a man on the moon, but they can't get the ice off my roof!" or,
  • "This would never have happened in Texas."
  • There are indeed things slower than molasses
  • Studies are incomplete as to modem use and its causal effect in the development of stomach ulcers, but preliminary results are quite promising

 

4 Comments:

Blogger Thainamu said...

But don't you just get nostalgic when you hear the sound it makes?

1/22/2010 02:15:00 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I'm sorry, Mommy! That's so frustrating.

1/22/2010 06:35:00 PM  
Blogger Ma Hoyt said...

I don't get to hear anything since my sound is turned off most of the time. Or, it might be because the phone I take the cord has a non-working ringer. OR, it might be due to interference from space aliens....the answer's in there somewhere, I think.

I do miss the hook-up noise, as it was a useful tool in annoying people. It would have been fun in the middle of the night, too.

1/22/2010 06:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog. Wish there were more like it.

Wren
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Journey_Back_in_Time

1/22/2010 08:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home