New Specs
Another great milestone in the life of Nolan Joseph Hoyt.
New frames and clear (old) lenses.

He's not dramatic, no.
Next on the docket...
...a haircut.
His first words after getting out to the car, "Wow...everything's so shiny !"
Why am I suddenly reminded of the sixties?
Speaking of bright lights, it felt great to wear my shades even though it was cloudy. I've perfected the technique of attaching my clip-on shades to my glasses while driving.
It was either that or ask Nolan to take the wheel for a few seconds.
Before leaving Waverly I had half a mind to stop in at Trinkets-n-Togs for a looksee at their books. But I wasn't sure half a mind would be enough, and suddenly, the thought of a nap was irresistible, almost to the point of nodding off on the way home.
Ye ol' noggin is fatigued from the migraine. It doesn't hurt all the time but there's a funny, empty feeling in my head. I'm pretty sure brain cells were oozing from my tear duct, this morning.
Fortunately, I have SUCH an abundance that the several thousand which leaked out won't be missed, ha, ha.
In testing news, we've done almost as much as we can, to prepare, barring a better curriculum, longer hours, and a qualified teacher.
I think Trevor may do OK, and it's a good thing for Nolan that the math and reading cores are what count, as opposed to...say, science. But they're watching two more Bill Nye episodes tonight so I'm sure that will take care of any shortfall.
*cue laughter*
All the boys have been thrown in the shower or bath so we may get bonus points for cleanliness.
And Trevor just informed me that he wants his black jeans so like the good mother I am, I threw them in the washer.
It remains to be seen whether they make it to the dryer or not.
Ethan is counting on donuts from Casey's for a snack, afterward, but I may make that contingent on his scores and whether or not he talks too much to the testing lady.
So many variables.
So little temps.
Tweet
New frames and clear (old) lenses.
He's not dramatic, no.
Next on the docket...
His first words after getting out to the car, "Wow...everything's so shiny !"
Why am I suddenly reminded of the sixties?
Speaking of bright lights, it felt great to wear my shades even though it was cloudy. I've perfected the technique of attaching my clip-on shades to my glasses while driving.
It was either that or ask Nolan to take the wheel for a few seconds.
Before leaving Waverly I had half a mind to stop in at Trinkets-n-Togs for a looksee at their books. But I wasn't sure half a mind would be enough, and suddenly, the thought of a nap was irresistible, almost to the point of nodding off on the way home.
Ye ol' noggin is fatigued from the migraine. It doesn't hurt all the time but there's a funny, empty feeling in my head. I'm pretty sure brain cells were oozing from my tear duct, this morning.
Fortunately, I have SUCH an abundance that the several thousand which leaked out won't be missed, ha, ha.
In testing news, we've done almost as much as we can, to prepare, barring a better curriculum, longer hours, and a qualified teacher.
I think Trevor may do OK, and it's a good thing for Nolan that the math and reading cores are what count, as opposed to...say, science. But they're watching two more Bill Nye episodes tonight so I'm sure that will take care of any shortfall.
*cue laughter*
All the boys have been thrown in the shower or bath so we may get bonus points for cleanliness.
And Trevor just informed me that he wants his black jeans so like the good mother I am, I threw them in the washer.
It remains to be seen whether they make it to the dryer or not.
Ethan is counting on donuts from Casey's for a snack, afterward, but I may make that contingent on his scores and whether or not he talks too much to the testing lady.
So many variables.
So little temps.
Tweet

The Progeny
1 Comments:
Oh Mommy. I must have been really tired this morning, but you got at least 5 laughs out of me with this post!
Post a Comment
<< Home