Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Another Gorgeous Day

And here are the daffodils to prove it.

(the picture was taken a few days ago, but you get the idea)

And what is unusual is that I transplanted these flowers while they were growing, just a couple weeks ago. Don't think you're supposed to do that with bulbs, but it just goes to show that conventions can be broken on occasion and nobody gets hurt.

In other news, can't tell you how much I love having my Saturdays back.

This morning I got real ambitiousy and decided to sweep out the addition with a broom.

Pretty soon I added the shop vac. And then I looked at the windows...

That was a mistake. But I cleaned those babies up, for the first time since they'd been put in, probably more than 10 years ago. The stickers were still on the windows, fer cryin' out loud!

I ended up using a metal kitchen spatula to scrape some of the accumulated dirt off the sills. And seeing as they weren't the pop-out kind, I even took a step ladder outdoors to wash the outside.

One thing just kind of led to another...it was absolutely ridiculous.

Particularly since the windows--and the addition--will just get dirty again.

But for a few brief weeks, there won't be so much dust and dirt getting tracked into the kitchen.

Sometimes we have to live with small victories.

After a short nap, I went out to the garden and cleaned up more of last summer's debris, then made a couple new snaky paths.

My goal is to create an intricate maze in which I can get lost when the need arises.

I've had mazes inside the house for a while, so I figured it was time to branch out...
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home