Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Saturday, May 01, 2010

16 hours later....

I am ready to crash.

But better now, than while driving, I always say.

I went through five 12oz Diet Cokes today, two on the way to Dubuque, and 3 on the way back. I didn't get sleepy and only swerved while looking for maps or snacks, ha, ha.

ONCE AGAIN, the INTERNET maps were lacking. I had the two street names before MY street scoped out, with the kids on the lookout. Next thing we know, we were headed over The Father of Waters on our way to Wisconsin. I had to make a U-turn in one of those places you're not supposed to, but I did finally get the kids to their convention site around 9:30.

Then I took the boys over to the Diamond Jo Casino and introduced them to the slots.

I'm kidding.

We went to the Mississippi River Museum, which is a humdinger of a place.

Several nice aquarium tanks, with LARGE fish.


"Yum!" says the alligator. "Tasty young man-flesh!"


A cool little exhibit where the boys could get a feel for the old-time logging industry.
Thankfully they didn't roll.

As we picked up the junior delegates, we met up with Jay and Eileen Kepple, who directed us to the Fenelon Elevator. We all got in a car together for the steep ride.


A very encapsulated nutshell, but Ma is so tired and the neck and back are aching.

We'll see if I make it through The Red Green Show tonight.

Excellent day, though :-D
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home