Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Thursday, July 01, 2010

Fits and Starts and Getting the Old Folks Out of the House

After hauling muchos weedos from le jardin on Monday and Tuesday, I have suddenly fallen into slacker mode for the last two days.

The worst thing is that library books are due on Monday and I still have 2.75 books to read.

Ah well.

I did finish up one book and clean the accumulated chocolate wrappers out of my purse, providing 25% more room to store stuff. Like chocolates, for instance :-D
________________

Looks like Jason and Derek will drive up for a 4th of July cookout on the 5th, so that will be a fun and meaty day. The younger boys can't believe their older brothers haven't volunteered to come for the entire weekend.

Hmmmm. Let's see. Stay in a nice, quiet apartment with blazing fast Internet for most of the weekend, or go to the old homestead where allergies and kids abound.

A difficult choice.

Maybe I should go down there for the weekend.

Speaking of entertainment, the kids are watching The Sound of Music tonight, and eating up last night's burrito leftovers in the form of a taco salad.

They just love it when Loren and I go out, every other Thursday night. A couple days ago Trevor smilingly said to me at the lunch table, "So, Mommy...when you and Daddy go out later this week because us kids are annoying you..."

"I never said that!" (did I?)

"Can we watch something?"

"Huh. You just want us to leave, so you can see a movie...."

"Well...yes."
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home