Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Shades of The Great Escape

It's almost as if Steve McQueen is sitting in solitary, bouncing the baseball against the cement floor and wall; catching it in his mitt.

Except, it's Nolan, bouncing a tennis ball out in the addition, against the chipboard and sheet rock; catching it in his mitt.

I'll leave you to guess who is in the cell, and whether it's small and padded, or comprised of four floors.
_______________

On the Derek front, today's x-ray shows no lessening of the air pocket, and inconclusive as to whether it's getting larger.

Another x-ray is scheduled for tomorrow. In the meantime, Derek is staying at Ardith and Justin's, and taking the rest of the week off from work.

In fact, word on the street is, "If he shows up at work, he will be driven home and the air let out of his tires."

Apparently, friends don't let friends drive pnuemothoraxy.
______________________

We watched the first game of The World Series, last night. I thought it was going to be a cantankerous evening, since all but one were rooting for the Giants (except me, of course...I don't actually care, that much...though one does hate to see Nolan Ryan looking sad).

HOWEVER, partway through the game (our) Nolan switched over to the majority (and the winning side, coincidentally enough), making all of our lives much---more---enjoyable.

The usual World Series rules apply:

--eating supper in the living room
--staying up a little later (though the youngest two don't usually see the ends of games)
--skipping the before bedtime reading (sometimes they ask me to read to them earlier in the day, but this year they haven't thought of it yet...we'll see how long it takes...)
________________

In rodential news, I caught five mice, right before the The Bomb storm hit.

I guess they decided it would be easier to face Ma's traps, then the 50 mph gusts of wind.

They lost. It was rather exciting for the boys, as two traps were sprung while they were getting their breakfast.

The Lord provides in mysterious ways, I always say.
________________

Getting back to Great Escapes, Loren and I will head out on another "undate," tonight. I've a hankerin' to see RED. I know The Social Network is quite popular, but I dunno...there's just something about arrogant twerps showing disdain for their elders that leaves me cold, as opposed to, say...old folks coming together for one last "hurrah." While attired in evening wear.

You go, Helen!
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home