Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Friday, March 25, 2011

The Good, the Goofy and the Passive Aggressive

The morning didn't start out too well. Sharp food cravings combined with He-Who-Shall-Not-be-Named displaying a burgeoning talent for passive-aggressiveness.

However, the infuriating behavior has subsided (for the moment) and frustrated feelings have been replaced by mucho amusement.

Trevor was reading aloud from the library book, Three Stories You Can Read to Your Dog, and it brought us to tears, we were laughing so hard.

Great book :-) It takes a deft touch to produce a children's book that can affect all ages. Particularly an easy reader.

On an equally droll note, I discovered why the blue dress pants I wore to dinner-and-a-movie last night were so baggy.

They were not my pants.

Not exactly WHO'S pants they are, but they seem to have come from the boys' closet. No one claims them and they are too short for Loren.

Some day I'd like to go into a real store and buy something that comes from a stack of all the same make, with real sizes, and not have to sift through four racks of hodge-podginess.

That's not to say I don't get some good deals at Goodwill, but it is a completely inefficient way to shop.

Well, it's been almost 5 hours since I gave HWSNbN the first school assignment of the day. Perhaps he'll be done, soon...
 

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebekah said...

I find better deals on clothes shopping clearance racks at stores like Old Navy, Kohl's and JC Penney than I do at Goodwill. It still takes some time, but I much prefer buying new for the same price (or less) in my size. The best deal is having a Kohl's credit card. I only use it when I get 30% off of my purchases. I have a 30% off coupon right now, so that means that I can get 30% off of any clearance items or ANYTHING. They don't exclude stuff like every other store does. Anyway, shopping like this is harder to do when you live where you do (and where we do, right now) because you can't go often for short amounts of time and just check out the sale racks. But I still get good deals!

3/26/2011 08:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home