Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My Part Time Job

Yes, it's true. My efforts to lose weight take up just under what a part-job would require: 12-13 hours per week.

That's just the treadmill. If you count the time I am fighting off nibbling, it would be another couple hours, and if you count the time I am eating salads and vegetables (akin to taking a tax write-off for maintenance to one's car if it's used on the job) we can safely bring it all up to 20 hours per week. Easy.

The Diet Report: after 9 weeks I have lost 21.5 pounds.

At least, I think it's been 9 weeks. By the end of the day it gets a little hazy when one burns 1200 calories and eats....maybe just a tad more. The loss rate has definitely slowed down, but things are still headed in the right direction.

Just finished 8 miles for the day and my foot still hurts (joined now by my shin and hip) but Ma is going to stick it out until we leave for Indiana, in May.

But for tonight....winding down and looking forward to a bit of reading on the couch (after the kids go to bed) and a TV show or two.

Just the simple things in life, that's all I need. Preferably surrounded by quiet and no one expecting anything from me.

Helps me rest up for tomorrow's tyranny of the treadmill.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home