Thrasher Cam
| Let the hatching begin! |
Looks like three of the five babies are here. I expect the other two to have arrived by tomorrow.
(I do NOT know what is wrong with Blogger but it is driving me nuts, causing problems with formatting the text, captioning, etc....anyway)
______________________________________________________
In other news of today, Carolyn and I drove into Waterloo to visit the large Goodwill store. She needed some things and so did I. The main problem for me is my short stature. Apparently no one under the height of 5'4" gives away clothes.
I did find something usable, with only a few stains (woo-hee, we are livin' now) but made the executive decision to visit....hold your breaths, now....the MALL.
Yes, for the second time in 5 or 6 years I have bought a pair of pants from a real store. As in, new, and made and labeled, "short." I know this sounds shallow but once in a while it is so nice to try on something that feels good and hasn't been worn by who knows who.
Tomorrow will be a momentous weigh-in day for Ma. Two weeks from the start of my latest "diet." I forgot to record the first week's progress here but hey, tomorrow isn't that far away. Hope y'all can sleep waiting for this news.
Let me tell you, I am getting pretty tired of the fare. Been living mostly on protein drinks, eggs, coffee, apples and Diet Coke. That can't be good, right? I know. It will change, but I do get annoyed making something completely different from the rest of the family. Sometimes I will eat a bit of what they have, but it can be hard to limit the portions. That's why it's often easier to simply nix a lot of stuff. I don't expect any of the people who need to understand...to understand. Oh wait...just remembered I often eat a small sandwich for lunch and a piece of fruit. Guess I'm not as bad as you thought, right?
Frankly though, I don't think I can stand another egg for a bit. Couldn't even finish tonight's fare, though part of that is due to a nausea-inducing headache.
This too, shall pass. I wonder if a cup of decaf would help?

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home