Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Counting Down

Hard to believe it's only July 11 and I am almost done with school...whoee baby!!

That was supposed to be humorous (or humerus, if you've an anatomical bent).

Finished up history and science with Nolan, today. So that should free me up to work longer with Trevor on Thursday and Friday. As it is I have been going through one chapter in science each day, with him and while it makes for less retention, we are getting through that book, by gum!

And lest you think I am slaving away at this, when I talk about doing school it only involves part of the morning (unless something extraordinary happens and I have to continue after lunch). I just can't make myself go until 3:00 every day. Aside from having to work in two rounds on the treadmill, I never had to work into the afternoon with the other kids and I'm not inclined to start doing it, now.

On the one hand, I think there are legitimate criticisms of my methods in "teaching," but on the other hand, at my stage in life I'm basically not taking any guff from people that haven't been in my situation. In fact, there's a whole mindset where I'm channeling Clint Eastwood and staring down any detractors with, "Go ahead...make---my---day."

Other than that I'm my usual, happy, cheerful self. Just floating around the house as if I had nary a care in the world. Constantly shoving out of my mind that one person who seems intent on self-destruction and/or bent on taking others out, with them (no, not one of the kids).

Ah well. There are times when you can't convince people of their irrational thinking...guess I'd better leave it at that.

Still very dry around here. And now our county is under a burn ban, though our trash is starting to pile up in the addition breezeway. Other than build a large container to hide the fire, I'm not sure what we'll do. We need rain!

Three weeks and two days until I leave for my 35th high school reunion. Looking forward to it! Sounds like a lot of people will be there, this time around. I'd better start trying to memorize the ol' yearbook.

Now, it's almost time for supper and I have a surprise in store for someone, involving a secret ingredient and the potential for.....great surprise.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home