Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Elizabeth to the Rescue!

My sister-in-law, Elizabeth, has driven all the way from Oklahoma to stay with the children for four whole days. Yayyyyyy!

Elizabeth is one of those rare people whom everybody loves, and, more importantly, everyone obeys. I imagine she'll have all the kids whipped into shape by the time I get back. She's a real go-getter. When I went out the door at 12:00, she had already folded my laundry, cleaned up and around the diaper stand, helped Ethan with his math, and had started ridding the fridge of items "slightly" past their due date. I could almost hear the house saying, "Thank you!"

That leaves me free for three whole days of fun-filled frivolity in my usual vacation spot, Rochester, Minnesota. I'm taking some work up to my Mayo office: the 80-100 copies of the Christmas letter which need to be processed through the stuffing, addressing and stamping stages.

Other objectives will include hand-holding, walking, blogging, and lots of movie watching. Since Elizabeth arrived with a sack full of chocolate, I am covered in that regard, also. (Thanks, Ana:-)

You missed a real treat this morning as I was printing all those letters. Two-year-old Trevor LOVES to retrieve papers from the printer, and he really hit the jackpot this morning. Running and giggling excitedly, he was OH SO PROUD to be bringing me the sheets, two or three at a time. (printer is in another room) They were coming out so fast he had to accept the help of older siblings. After about 40 copies, we noticed he was starting to hold his hand down near his tummy. The poor kid was getting a side-ache from all that running. But, did he give up? NO! What a little trooper. Maybe he'll follow in his father's footsteps and work for Fed Ex. It should be easier for him since they utilize trucks.

We have "dial up" internet connection here at the hospital. Now I realize how spoiled I'd gotten at home with wireless. I don't even know if I'll get this posted tonight, as it seems quite possible I'll be sitting here staring at "partially transferred data" indefinitely.

I've been racking my brain for something humorous to end up with. I guess memories of the exit polls will have to suffice. (Now listen, some of us had a hard time living through 8 years of Clinton, but we are still alive to tell about it. So, no matter what your political affiliation, we'll all get by)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very happy to read that Liz is there and I know she is happy to help. God has blessed her with speed and efficiency and she loves to use her gifts when needed.
This is a wonderful site that Liz's whole family enjoys reading and being able to pray about. Tell her I enjoyed Andrew and Samuel's conversations to and from church this evening. They had great things to say about the elections. Andrew's impersonations were great!
Love and prayers for all.

11/03/2004 11:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home