The Good News Keeps Coming....
When I got back from posting earlier, they had taken Loren off the vent. It is so nice to see him smile :-) He has a low, throaty, raspy voice that sounds like music to my ears. Specially if you're partial to frogs.
They have also taken out that arterial line and stuck that little oxygen thingy in his nose.(don't ya just love all this technical jargon?) Loren has also been hooked up to a patient operated analgesic pump. So, now he can give himself a shot of pain-killer any time he likes. Until the quota of 2 grains per 10 minutes and/or 10 shots per (unintelligible amount of time) runs out.
Really, it is just wonderful seeing him so pleasant. I guess that's why God invented morphine :-)
Loren doesn't have that anxious feeling any more. Probably too early to make many truly objective observations on his/my part, though. He's still plenty drugged up.
He was getting dozey, so I left, changed to my sweats and went for a walk. I arranged my route to go past the "Gift of Life" Transplant house, and got them to schedule us for arrival on the 18. Believe it or not, 10 days is the average stay for a heart transplant. If they don't release Loren by then I can just stay there myself until he comes.
Which reminds me, I still have some things to accomplish before settling in here for three months (which, I am happy to report starts the day of surgery, and not on release from hospital)
That would make are approximate return home to be close to February 8. I told Loren I wanted to clean up our bedroom ("Becky, I thought I told you not to make me laugh.") . And then, I'll need to pack enough clothes and obtain certain supplies for three months' time.
I think it is safe to say we will not be at home for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Or Ethan or Jason's birthdays. Sorry about that, kids. Hopefully I can celebrate Melinda's birthday (a few days late) when I come home on Thursday.
One more thing, here is the phone # for the lounge down the hall from Loren's room:
(507) 255-6031
You can try calling and ask for the Hoyt family. Of course, it will only be me, there, but it might impress the other folks in the lounge. It's what I live for.
Tweet
They have also taken out that arterial line and stuck that little oxygen thingy in his nose.(don't ya just love all this technical jargon?) Loren has also been hooked up to a patient operated analgesic pump. So, now he can give himself a shot of pain-killer any time he likes. Until the quota of 2 grains per 10 minutes and/or 10 shots per (unintelligible amount of time) runs out.
Really, it is just wonderful seeing him so pleasant. I guess that's why God invented morphine :-)
Loren doesn't have that anxious feeling any more. Probably too early to make many truly objective observations on his/my part, though. He's still plenty drugged up.
He was getting dozey, so I left, changed to my sweats and went for a walk. I arranged my route to go past the "Gift of Life" Transplant house, and got them to schedule us for arrival on the 18. Believe it or not, 10 days is the average stay for a heart transplant. If they don't release Loren by then I can just stay there myself until he comes.
Which reminds me, I still have some things to accomplish before settling in here for three months (which, I am happy to report starts the day of surgery, and not on release from hospital)
That would make are approximate return home to be close to February 8. I told Loren I wanted to clean up our bedroom ("Becky, I thought I told you not to make me laugh.") . And then, I'll need to pack enough clothes and obtain certain supplies for three months' time.
I think it is safe to say we will not be at home for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Or Ethan or Jason's birthdays. Sorry about that, kids. Hopefully I can celebrate Melinda's birthday (a few days late) when I come home on Thursday.
One more thing, here is the phone # for the lounge down the hall from Loren's room:
(507) 255-6031
You can try calling and ask for the Hoyt family. Of course, it will only be me, there, but it might impress the other folks in the lounge. It's what I live for.
Tweet

The Progeny
1 Comments:
So thankful that everything is going well. Morphine is a gift of God.
Sunny
Post a Comment
<< Home