Out Ioway

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of Heaven and earth,
He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber.
-Psalms 121:2,3

 
The ProgenyArdithSharonJasonDerek

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving

I can have a happy Thanksgiving, now that I know all the brood is safe in our Iowa home. *sigh*
Ardith and Sharon both had some hassles in their travels from college to Iowa, but now all is well.

Thanks be to God!

Loren and I are having a quiet day here at the Gift of Life House. It goes without saying we are thankful for his new heart. But I'll say it anyway,

Thanks be to God!

The other transplantees and caretakers are preparing a real feast here in Rochester, but we don't feel compelled to partake, just yet. Perhaps a few leftovers, later. We are still settling in, and do not wish to face a mass of people. (half of whom will be masked :-)

Ardith and Sharon are conferring on the task of preparing the holiday feast at the old homestead. They will have lots of help, with Grandma, a world class potato peeler, and Kendra, who has become rather handy in the kitchen. I have visions of the younger kids, stationed at different sites around the table, industriously chopping and dicing under the watchful tutelage of their college siblings. They are shooting for an evening meal, since Ardith and Sharon did not arrive until noon.

I told them just to have fun, and not worry if everything doesn't turn out perfect.

(let me know if anyone comes down with food poisoning :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Thainamu said...

I'm sure your "big girls" will do a great job with Thanksgiving dinner and will ehjoy the chance to be home.

I too thank God for his answers to prayers on your behalf these past few months.

Our family has much to be thankful for as well. I'm working on my list of my top 50.

God bless and Happy Thanksgiving.

11/25/2004 08:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home