Time Warp
I think I'm still suffering the effects of "life lag." This is the feeling one gets after being transported from a little Rochesterian dormitory-type room, back to a, well, a dormitory. (It is similar to this crazy keyboard, which does not keep up with my typing and deleting. I am either waiting for what I do to show up, or fixing up over-deletions)
Soon, I will sweep away the cobwebs by doing something totally mundane, like sorting through a pile of papers. I already cleaned one toilet today, but apparently that "normalizing" activity was not enough to bring about total sanity.
I was able to get the four kids not in high school registered for testing (ITBS) in April. Have to be there by 8:15, which means we have to leave by 7:15, meaning we must get up at 6:15. This should promote a really superb and alert state of mind in which the kids can test. I'm toying with the idea of arriving the night before, and sleeping in the parking lot. Depends on the weather. But, since they only have to make the 30th percentile, maybe I shouldn't worry. Besides, it's free.
This morning, I lugged my "Total Gym" down from the 2nd floor. That, in itself, was just about enough exercise for one day. I was temporarily thrown into a mild tizzy when I couldn't locate two linchpins. These keep the apparatus from collapsing during use, are crucial for setting different levels of intensity, and just make a really cool sound when they click into place. In truth, the act of switching to different settings is worth half the morning's exercise. Luckily, I discovered the missing items, so heads did not roll.
One wonders if a fancy contraption will help to achieve overall fitness. But I persevere, keeping the long range goal in mind: the hope that someday, somehow, I can wind up looking like Chuck Norris.
Perhaps Loren is right. Perhaps I am warped :-)
Tweet
Soon, I will sweep away the cobwebs by doing something totally mundane, like sorting through a pile of papers. I already cleaned one toilet today, but apparently that "normalizing" activity was not enough to bring about total sanity.
I was able to get the four kids not in high school registered for testing (ITBS) in April. Have to be there by 8:15, which means we have to leave by 7:15, meaning we must get up at 6:15. This should promote a really superb and alert state of mind in which the kids can test. I'm toying with the idea of arriving the night before, and sleeping in the parking lot. Depends on the weather. But, since they only have to make the 30th percentile, maybe I shouldn't worry. Besides, it's free.
This morning, I lugged my "Total Gym" down from the 2nd floor. That, in itself, was just about enough exercise for one day. I was temporarily thrown into a mild tizzy when I couldn't locate two linchpins. These keep the apparatus from collapsing during use, are crucial for setting different levels of intensity, and just make a really cool sound when they click into place. In truth, the act of switching to different settings is worth half the morning's exercise. Luckily, I discovered the missing items, so heads did not roll.
One wonders if a fancy contraption will help to achieve overall fitness. But I persevere, keeping the long range goal in mind: the hope that someday, somehow, I can wind up looking like Chuck Norris.
Perhaps Loren is right. Perhaps I am warped :-)
Tweet

The Progeny
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home