Tests, Tests, and More Tests
It is another breezy day out Ioway, but the wind and signs of spring are enough to dispel the last shreds of winter gloom.
-The ditch lilies are sprouting!
-The grass is actually turning green!
-The scholastic tests are over for another school year! *prolonged cheering*
Derek, Melinda, Carolyn and Ethan took their ITBS on Thursday and Friday of this week. This entailed rising in the predawn hours, driving for almost an hour, and testing for three hours, each of those days. But it is over!
Today, Jason took the ACT. Sharon graciously offered to drive him over in the morning, and then I collected him and what was left of his brain, around noon. Said he recognized Calculus and Chemistry in the test. See, when I took it, I had already been accepted to college. It was just a formality, which is good, because I didn't even know enough to realize that what I didn't understand was Calculus and Chemistry. It's probably just as well I was never told my score :-) Jason is currently unwinding with the help of a computer game.
Loren will be going back up to Mayo next week, for two days of testing. The usual stuff, bloodwork, heart biopsy, doctor and nurse visits, chest x-ray, Cyto-Gam infusion, Nebupent inhalation treatment......
*scuffling noises*
"Granny.....?.......what......OUCH!.......ok.....OK!"
Hey doo, folks! Granny Whiff, here. Don't give no nevermind ta those rasslin' noises you jist heerd. I plumb had ta force mahself onto this here pewter. Dat god-chile O mine DO run on at da mouth, so.....
Any-tway, I jist hadda let youse know dat ah is here, an evahthang is gonna be all-raht! Ah have cum ta save da day, kulchoorly speakin.' I will learn my sweet god-chile all da propah thangs she should knows afor goin' to da south.
*aside* "Hush! chile. You ain't never gorner git nowheres iffen youse always intruptin'....
In da meantahm, heer be a raht nahce pitcher of dat lil' ol sweety-pah, Trevorboy.
Ain't he a pert lookin' feller?
Tweet
-The ditch lilies are sprouting!
-The grass is actually turning green!
-The scholastic tests are over for another school year! *prolonged cheering*
Derek, Melinda, Carolyn and Ethan took their ITBS on Thursday and Friday of this week. This entailed rising in the predawn hours, driving for almost an hour, and testing for three hours, each of those days. But it is over!
Today, Jason took the ACT. Sharon graciously offered to drive him over in the morning, and then I collected him and what was left of his brain, around noon. Said he recognized Calculus and Chemistry in the test. See, when I took it, I had already been accepted to college. It was just a formality, which is good, because I didn't even know enough to realize that what I didn't understand was Calculus and Chemistry. It's probably just as well I was never told my score :-) Jason is currently unwinding with the help of a computer game.
Loren will be going back up to Mayo next week, for two days of testing. The usual stuff, bloodwork, heart biopsy, doctor and nurse visits, chest x-ray, Cyto-Gam infusion, Nebupent inhalation treatment......
*scuffling noises*
"Granny.....?.......what......OUCH!.......ok.....OK!"
Hey doo, folks! Granny Whiff, here. Don't give no nevermind ta those rasslin' noises you jist heerd. I plumb had ta force mahself onto this here pewter. Dat god-chile O mine DO run on at da mouth, so.....
Any-tway, I jist hadda let youse know dat ah is here, an evahthang is gonna be all-raht! Ah have cum ta save da day, kulchoorly speakin.' I will learn my sweet god-chile all da propah thangs she should knows afor goin' to da south.
*aside* "Hush! chile. You ain't never gorner git nowheres iffen youse always intruptin'....
In da meantahm, heer be a raht nahce pitcher of dat lil' ol sweety-pah, Trevorboy.
Ain't he a pert lookin' feller?
Tweet

The Progeny
3 Comments:
Sweet buzz - saves on shampoo! Love that smile!!!
Beckita
Is that ITBS any easier for people who are actually from Iowa?
Yes. We get all the farm questions right.
Post a Comment
<< Home